How do we get the runaway end lights ect?

dme43 Guest

hey everyone,
just wondering, where can we get the runaway end lights and addons for the runaway to make it more realistic? ive already got real environment professional. thanks in advance

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Hmmm. Not sure what you mean here, But if ou can make airports. I suggest you download AFCAD 2.21. here you can edit the runway to make the approachlights longer or shorter etc.

I'm assuming you want the lighting effects to look more real. The lighting effects i use are in "Read Env...." and i think they look real

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Check out this file, very popular AND very good 👍

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=61485

dme43 Guest

thanks for all the input, but I meant these kind of runway lights:

http://www.fs2004.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=0

and also, does airport environment upgrade have any effect on frame rates?
cheers

Pro Member First Officer

No. Airport Environment dosn't effect frame rates.

That picture in FS2004 is a FS pictre. Its at Gatwick Airport and the only person i know that does scenery like this is Gary Summons - Uk2000

Go to the site and take a look. The scenery includes active ground fleet and many many more. I have all the versions (1-😎 and i also have the xtreame series.

Well worth the money

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/

dme43 Guest

So there are no freeware ones except for airport environment,
damn, anyway, thanks for all your help

Pro Member First Officer

Airport Environment wont add the "3-D" Approach lights. Just replaces runay, building and taxiway textures.

DME43 Guest

oh, ok, thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Isn't it peculiar how we all speak the same language but find it extremely difficult to understand each other? 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The runway lights that you're referring to are approach lights. Runways have different lighting configurations based on the types of operations that the runway is used for(Instrument approaches), many runways don't have approach lights. Try using larger airport with long runways. The light configurations within FS are correct for each runway. Some add on scenery may enhance the lighting effects but won't alter light placement. It's possible to install update files(AFCAD) for some airports that will update the light configuration, runways, navigational aids and parking positions to the correct, real world layout. Most configurations should not have to be altered unless it's in error in reference to the real airport, this could be due to a program mistake or change in the real world airports features. Since FS is a computer program, you can alter lights to whatever layout you want via the proper editing program(don't know of one) but it's unrealistic to place lights on a runway that doesn't have them in the real world.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...