FS 9 update

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

😕 The FS9 update has been released-But I think it´ll raise more hell,than good in the add-ons and so forth,take a look,and read through it.
Hack
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Our Article:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/1205/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Does anyone recommend to download the Update? I'm not having problems with my Flight Simulator 2004. Everything is ok, I think.
Well, frames rates is a problem that we all have. And I also have that problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

From what I read the No-CD crack will have to be replaced by the old exe. and can't be used again.
It looks as if MS still thinks they own the software that I paid for.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

From what I see all it is is a bunch of bridges and tunnels. I don't know if that is really worth the two minutes or less to download unless I missed something? I like the No-crack way of using FS9. I wonder why MS can't fix this? Is anybody working on a No-crack for the updated version of FS9?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Horse I lived without a few bridges until now and I understand the increase in FPS is negligible so I'll pass on the "patch" until a new crack comes out.
Being able to use the sim whenever I please without playing with an easily damaged CD or burning out my CD drive outweighs the small improvements they (MS) grandly "gave" us.
Figure over the year that you have launched the sim, 2-3 times a day means that you have handled the CD 4-6 times a day, 1,000's of times a year and the CD drive has to work overtime, forget it MS keep the so called improvements , the price you want is too high.
Arrogance is spelled Microsoft! Ha Ha

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I don't know if it was intentional, but Tomthetank refered to microsoft as 'Microshaft' HA! HA!

Tomthetank. I am not trying to put you on the spot. If it was a typo, then forgive me.

I don't want you to think I am squawking 7500.

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Radar Man,

I am with you I'll wait I didn't do the numbers or look at it the way that you did but, yeah I don't want to overwork any of my system. As for TTT it was probably a type error. He would never slam anybody intentionaly.

Pro Member Trainee
Cernan Trainee

I downloaded the FS9 update and ended up having to crash to desktop during one of my training flights. The "no-cd" patch still works, although you have to replace the original .EXE file for the update to install properly.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I was surprised, but as Cernan stated, you can still use the no-cd. I was sure they would have disabled that.
As far as the patch, it caused no problems on the other hand I saw nothing particularly exciting about it. I suppose it is dependant on where you are flying.
I always hope for so much more from the software creator, especially when you see so much really cool work being done in the private sector.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They (MS) claim that after loading the patch if you go back to the NO-CD crack you negate some of the advances that the patch gave you.
It's either corporate bs or you lose the benefit of the 19m mesh and better FPS. This is just a guess on my part.

I was very surprised that they even bothered with a patch this late in the game with a new one (FSX?) due out this coming summer, 10 months away. Unless of course they decide to go to a three year rotation, cheaper and less work.
This sim is listed (last I saw) as #89 in the most popular software, that's excellent when you take into consideration that they include console games. I can't remember but it may have been Gamespot.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

Hack I know first hand that the update doesn´t work,especially with the bridges,we have a bridge here,connecting Sweden and Denmark,called the oresund bridge,Microshaft added it into their update,so with my add-on bridge(photo realistic), I then have the real on,and placed right,and the MS false one --- generally,and softly spoken it sucks,throw the update away 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Cernan Trainee

I have decided to re-install FS2004. The recent update has been more of a nuisance than it should be with the constant CTDs. I'll keep the update patch files parked for the meantime.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...