cant play FS2004 :(

Berk Guest

I have installed FS2004 as complete. I copied over the no-cd fs9.exe (504kb) started it and XP says FS2004 has encounted a problem and needs to close. The problem is with FS9.exe version 9.0.030612 modname user32.dll something about a unhandled exception when I debug it. I hvae updated to 9.1 but i get the same problem. I have restarted the computer no change. I have put the old fs9.exe (1.32MB) back and left CD4 in still the same error.

I have XP pro Sp2 and DX9.0c

What could the matter be? Crying or Very sad

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete it and pick a new one of the Disk 1 as they state on their website until we can come up with a new No-CD crack.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Evil or Very Mad This was one of my main worries about the new fs9 update....would it work with the nocd patch

I know why they (MS) use these devices ,but come on, its 2004.The idea of putting a cd in the drive to "play" the sim is a step in the wrong direction
Its like when early pc based game machines had to have the tape in

Lets hope someone "repairs" the fix..........and soon please

I for one will hang back from the update untill such a time

Pro Member Trainee
Steeev Trainee

Have the guys at http://www.gameburnworld.com come out with a new patch yet?

spuddi Guest

Does the update fix the issue with the ILS on runway 4l & 22r at JFK not being aligned?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Can anyone 'in the know' keep us informed please?

Pro Member Trainee
Cernan Trainee

Greetings, regarding the no-cd patch for fs9, it will still run even with WinXP Pro SP2, DX9.0c, and the recent FS2004 update. What I did was rename the original fs9.exe to fs9.bak and copy the no-cd fs9 to the same folder (Flight Simulator 9 folder). I did notice that when a no-cd patch is written OVER the original .EXE file, it becomes corrupted for the most part and I usually end up reinstalling the program.

Just a warning though, after I installed the fs9 update, my computer tends to crash to desktop more often now. Funny how the recent patch gave me this so called "fix". Anyway, I ended up reinstalling the whole FS2004 and went back to not having any problems again. Hope this helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Using the NO-CD crack, according to MS negates some of the advances that you get from the patch.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Steeev Trainee

By the sounds of it, most of these "advances" are far outshined by the good people of the world out there writing freeware!

Berk wrote:

I ujrnjjgjgjgjnjnjnjsg 🙄 🙄 🙄 is with FS9.exe version 9.0.030612 modname user32.dll something about a unhandled exception when I debug it. I hvae updated to 9.1 but i get the same problem. I have restarted the computer no change. I have put the old fs9.exe (1.32MB) back and left CD4 in still the same error.

I have XP pro Sp2 and DX9.0c

What could the matter be? Crying or Very sad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...