Command problems in FS9

Pro Member Trainee
CodyH Trainee

Hey guys,

I have had this problem where my some buttons don't work (at random commands) FS. For example I can't open doors anymore by Shift + E, or start my engines by Ctrl + E. They just don't work. Also here is another wierd thing; when i press Shift + right (arrow key) to look right it works, but if i do Shift + left (arrow key) to look left it doesn't work, why... ❓ If any one has a suggestion or aswner please help! I have tried re-installing and that doesn't do anything for my problem Evil or Very Mad ahhhhhhhhhh

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't know what's wrong with your setup. Maybe you have to revise how you use the keys for different functions.
Once you've done that and it still doesn't work, try assigning your key commands in the Settings.

when i press Shift + right (arrow key) to look right it works, but if i do Shift + left (arrow key) to look left it doesn't work, why...

This is an indication that you haven't quite got the handle on the commands.
To look left, all you have to do is to press <4> on your Num Pad. To look right, press <6> and so on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First you should get a joystick, that has a twist handle for the rudder.

If your using the num pad be sure it's on, check the green light on the keyboard.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CodyH Trainee

I have a laptop so shift + left and shift right is how you look around, so i guess i do have a handle o my controls 😉 As for the joystick suggestion... I have the CH yoke 😎 I will look at my settings once again and see whats up, thanks for the Idea s

Pro Member Trainee
CodyH Trainee

Ok this is probably the most stupid question you have heard; I can't find the door command in my settings / controls area ❓ Am i just looking right over it 😕 Can some one clear this up for me? Where is that command Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CodyH wrote:

Ok this is probably the most stupid question you have heard; I can't find the door command in my settings / controls area ❓ Am i just looking right over it 😕 Can some one clear this up for me? Where is that command Evil or Very Mad

Shift+E+1

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CodyH Trainee

no sorry i didn't articulate my question correctly, is there a menue where i can turn on this command or modify it, b/c shift e+1 or just shift e doesn't work, if it is in settings where specificly? Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Go into SETTINGS / ASSIGNMENTS and you can change your key commands.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...