Reverse Thrust Key Command

f16forlife Guest

I know the key command is on the tutorial somewhere... but with the f-16 i fly (made by kirk olson) it doesnt work.

is there anywhere i can download it or anything?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Use the config joystick in fs and use a free button

are there any other ways you can slow down faster after landing

crosscheck9 Guest

well, make sure you have the autobrakes set, (2 for decent runways - 3 for hazardous conditions) and check that the spoilers are armed. You can also manually brake, however, in most meadium sized jets, its uneccessary above 60 kts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Use the Autobrake. I'm not sure if there's one in the F-16, because I don't fly military jets.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

The F-16 does not have a thrust-reverser. That is why it doesn't work. That would be like trying to engage the afterburner on a Cessna 172. It wont work cause there isn’t one.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

f16forlife wrote:

I know the key command is on the tutorial somewhere...

For aircraft so equipped:

Press F1 to drop to idle
    Tap F2 or hold it briefly for reverse thrusters (RT)
    Press F1 to clear RT
    In normal flight you'd never activate RT before the main gear is on the runway (no worries, FS9 doesn't allow you to active RT in the air now that I think about it)

Keep in mind that RT are not used on every landing.

HTH,
Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...