pain is the --s vista

Pro Member Trainee
flyaway719 Trainee

why cant i change my aircraft cfg file I am try to add lines in file to add a plane I get A cant do path 😞

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

To edit the aircraft.cfg file you right-click on it and open it with Notepad.

BUT!!! Before you do anything, back up the original!!!

Pro Member Trainee
flyaway719 Trainee

I got it, you have to change defult security setings for files in vista.
If this window pops up when you close and try to save look at your user acount right click properties/security/your user name file/edit/ and open user files again/ and change it so you can /write the files / full control/ modify. nice little pain vista.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

My experience with Vista is: It boots up and acts nice, until you try to run a program that has been installed after the fact. Then the headaches begin. I have not yet seen a Vista system that FSX will perform on as well as XP-Pro with similar assets.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...