Where's the auto pilot?

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Could someone please inform me as to which folder of an aircraft the auto pilot resides. Also, is the AP different in FSX and FS9?
Thanks in advance...Art

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Don't know what you wanna do, if it's editing, open the aircraft.cfg and look for this section:

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=1
default_vertical_speed=1800
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_arming_required=1
autothrottle_max_rpm = 90
autothrottle_takeoff_ga=1
pitch_takeoff_ga = 8;
max_pitch=10.0
max_pitch_acceleration=1.0
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.0
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.5
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.0
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.0
max_bank=30,25,20,15,10
max_bank_acceleration=1.8
max_bank_velocity=3.00
max_throttle_rate=0.10
nav_proportional_control=12.00
nav_integrator_control=0.25
nav_derivative_control=0.00
nav_integrator_boundary=2.50
nav_derivative_boundary=0.00
gs_proportional_control=25.0
gs_integrator_control=0.53
gs_derivative_control=0.00
gs_integrator_boundary=0.70
gs_derivative_boundary=0.00
yaw_damper_gain = 1.0

This one's from the default 738.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Tailhook...I don't want to edit, I,m trying to get it installed in aircraft that do not have it. Apparantly the Abacus EZ-GPS looks for it so that it can be installed in a plane. I have a few without AP and it won't install. Will see if I can copy and paste it into those planes. No big deal, just foolin' around and trying to learn something new.
Thanks again and best regards...Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

Thanks Tailhook...I don't want to edit, I,m trying to get it installed in aircraft that do not have it. Apparantly the Abacus EZ-GPS looks for it so that it can be installed in a plane. I have a few without AP and it won't install. Will see if I can copy and paste it into those planes. No big deal, just foolin' around and trying to learn something new.
Thanks again and best regards...Art

Art,

copy and paste sounds good to me, might or might not require a bit of tweaking.
Just remember that the example I've quoted is out of the default 738 in case you've missed it. As you know, APs come in all sizes and shapes but your bound to find a suitable one if you look around in various aircraft.

Good luck, would be good to hear how you progress 👍

Pro Member First Officer

Hello Tailhook,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I copied the AP from the C172 into an Aero Commander Shrike, but it did not work. According to the folks at Abacus the AP is needed for EZ-GPS to recognize the plane so it can be installed. Apparantly they are wrong. The Shrike has the older version (FS9) of the Garmin gps. Maybe that's the problem. I'll keep foolin' around 'til I find an answer.
Thanks again and best regards...Art 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...