MD11 AOM

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

Has anyone tried this download from Avsim? I don't know what the problem is, but it doesn't show on the change aircraft page. Is there a step I am missing? Is there somewhere else I can find one of the tri-motor jets that will work on FSX?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If your using an NVIDIA card lower your AA settings and the aircraft should show up.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I do have an NVIDIA card, but I don't know what you mean by AA settings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

rowcoach wrote:

I do have an NVIDIA card, but I don't know what you mean by AA settings.

In the cards control panel there are settings for AA and AF (8 or 16X), also MIP-MAP (set high, quality).

Do these adjustments in the control panel of your video card and don't check the AA box in the settings of the sim.

Anti aliasing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_aliasing

Anisotropic filtering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

If you have AA above 4X set it lower, maybe 2X.
I use ATi so telling you the exact settings is difficult for me.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

Thanks for the help. I had both the AA and AF set to off and still no dice 😕 . No biggie - just wasn't meant to be I guess. I'll keep on looking for another MD11 or maybe a DC10.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't know what an MD11 AOM is, but I can assure you that the iFDG MD-11s and the SGA DC-10s work perfectly allright in FSX.
All you have to do is change the panel to an FSX one such as the 737-800.. if you want gauges that is.
Oh, and you have to do something about the sounds. The above mentioned aircraft are all aliased to FS9 sounds and panels.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

thanks for the help, but still no luck. I think there is something in the config file that my flight sim doesn't like. At present I'm trying to check each file (panel, effects, sound, etc...) in another airplane's file to see which on it is. My programming knowledge just doesn't exist, but I'm learning a bit as I go. I'm always open to suggestions. I just may have to bite the bullet and buy one of the add ons that Abucus has for passenger liners.

md11aom Guest

There is an error in the " panel.cfg " file. Open this with windows's notepad, and replace:

[fltsim]
alias=b737_400\panel

to

[fltsim]
alias=B737_800\panel

In fact, the plane ask FSX to show the 737_400 panel, but there is no 737_400 in FSX. But, there is an 737_800. 😉
Now, the MD11 appears in FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Would someone be so kind and tell me what an MD-11 AOM is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Would someone be so kind and tell me what an MD-11 AOM is?

AOM=Air Outre Mer
http://md-eleven.net/MD11-Operators-The-ones-that-never-were-

http://widebodyaircraft.nl/dc10-30.htm

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks RM, I should have known...:a livery.

I would have had a look at it by now if rowcoach would have supplied the filename or link straight away. It's like squeezing water out of a stone.

Maybe the a/c doesn't show up because it's really a DC-10 while he's looking for an MD-11... I guess this will remain a mystery.

All I can see at avsim is a couple of flyable DC-10s with AOM textures - no sight of an MD-11.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Outre Mer (AOM) ordered 4 MD11's to be leased through GPA for delivery 1994-1995. These were to replace its DC10's used on its service to the French colonies. Con nos. 48534-48537 were allocated.
Minerve ordered 2 MD11's in September 1989 and another 1 firm + 1 option in June 1989. These aircraft were to replace the carriers older DC8's and DC10's. Con nos. 48482, 48526 & 48625 were assingned along with registrations FGKMP/Q/R.
In 1992 AOM took over Minerve, a French charter airlines that also ordered MD11's. The new airline was called AOM French Airlines and had a total of 7 MD11's on order. Sadly, the order was cancelled (though i am not sure why) and none of the 7 MD11's were ever built.

http://md-eleven.net/MD11-Operators-The-ones-that-never-were-

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I already read that RM - you gave me the link.

I figured that if rowcoach has got the textures regardless, the repainter would have done one of those "What If" scenarios.

I still think he's got the DC-10 thinking it's an MD-11... or - I think I saw an AOM repaint for an MD-83 AI aircraft on the same page.
Of course you know what happens when you install the textures only of an AI a/c of which you don't even have the base model -- nada.

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

Thanks for all your help 🍻

to be honest, I just kind of gave up on the whole thing. I ended up purchasing Fly the Heavies instead of looking into the problem too deeply. However, thanks for the update on changing the panel - works like a charm now. Now all I have to do is find a runway long enough to take off from. I've been hitting a lot of roof tops as of late Embarassed

sorry for not including the link to the download - that would have made much more sense. Just spent a few minutes trying to find it.

I was looking for some 3 engine passenger jets, and this was the first thing that I found.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...