Can't run FSX Deluxe

Divot Guest

After weeks of flawless running, last week FSX just stopped working. When I start the game I get this error message:

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the program installation."

I have tried the repair option, reinstalling, creating new user and installing, installing to a different drive, installing in safe mode, reformatted my game partition and reinstalled, tried running with a crack (api, fsui, main.dll's), MicrosoftKB928080 fix, and still can't fly. Does anyone have any other suggestions that may resolve this issue? (short of reformatting and reinstalling the OS)

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

Divot wrote:

After weeks of flawless running, last week FSX just stopped working. When I start the game I get this error message:

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the program installation."

I have tried the repair option, reinstalling, creating new user and installing, installing to a different drive, installing in safe mode, reformatted my game partition and reinstalled, tried running with a crack (api, fsui, main.dll's), MicrosoftKB928080 fix, and still can't fly. Does anyone have any other suggestions that may resolve this issue? (short of reformatting and reinstalling the OS)

Umm...

Did you add anything that interfaces with FSX? Or maybe make a change to a video setting or anything like that? Add a 2nd monitor? Or did it just stop working? It sounds like, some how, a file or program is being corrupted. Did this start after doing a download? Maybe you picked up a virus and don’t know it. If you did all the reinstalling in the world won’t help until you get it out of your system. (If you did pick one up) you could have problems with other programs and, because you haven’t run them, don’t know.

Bob

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you still have it installed and it's not working delete the log file and see if it helps.

The proper way to uninstall.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

If you still have it installed and it's not working delete the log file and see if it helps.

Radar

🍻

I’ve been keeping a close eye on everything you post and I have to say that the information that you have been giving out is excellent!!!

Thank you,

Bob

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bob-Ski wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

🍻

I’ve been keeping a close eye on everything you post and I have to say that the information that you have been giving out is excellent!!!

Thank you,

Bob

Thank you, nice of you to say.

Radar

Divot Guest

Hi guys!

Ok...I checked my system for virus' and other nasty things and it is clean. I had not downloaded anything new since I began running FSX. I checked out the link as suggested and followed the instructions to the letter. This action has resulted in a right fine mess. When I attempt to install FSX all I get now is the repair/remove option. I do not get an install choice. Taking either of those choices results in the following:

"Error 1605 - This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

In one instance it behaves as if the program is installed and can be repaired or removed and in the other instance it acts as though the program is not there.

As far as I can tell, there are no fragments or registry entries left to clean out.

I welcome any and all ides.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This has to do with 1605 also, read it over.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

Radar

Divot Guest

That is one of the first things I tried.

Budz Guest

After successfully installing FSX, I get the following message when trying to run the Sim...

"Unable to create default cache directory:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryCache"

Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I have installed FSX in the default directory and don't understand why it would need to create anything in the Directory mentioned above.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate "Build 6000"[/list]

i installed fsxd and it only ran once i am deleting and then reinstalling it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Anonymous wrote:

i installed fsxd and it only ran once i am deleting and then reinstalling it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

do not delete

always use uninstall

haigiboy Guest

Budz wrote:

After successfully installing FSX, I get the following message when trying to run the Sim...

Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I have installed FSX in the default directory and don't understand why it would need to create anything in the Directory mentioned above.

hi i have the same issue do you know how can i fix it please

haigiboy wrote:

Budz wrote:

hi i have the same issue do you know how can i fix it please

because you have MOVED some of the files AFTER you installed the program.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...