FSX regular to deluxe!

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Hi, I bought FSX regular version when it came out not knowing there was a Deluxe version coming out. Anybody could tell me what I can do to maybe trade my game or get the Deluxe version without loosing too much cash? Would Microsoft come out with an add-on you could buy that would add stuff up to deluxe? I really want to get Deluxe Edition so I can fully enjoy this game, all the misisons, planes, airports and ATC! I really need help here. Thanks! 🙄

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The only thing I can tell you with certainty is that MS will NOT release an update that will transform the Standard version into the Deluxe version.

See if you can sell your Standard with as little loss as possible and then decide whether you want to buy the Deluxe after you've read many, many posts here. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

One thing I know for sure is that a lot of people are having probs with their Deluxe by what I see on this forum, but what I really want is to experience simulation to it's fullest with all the extra planes, missions and the role of ATC that Deluxe has and not regular. Does anybody recommend me selling my regular version and buy the deluxe one? or is the deluxe too risky?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Deluxe is fine on my old machine. sell yours on ebay and get the Deluxe.

See if any store will give you credit.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I agree
Yes No risk with the De Luxe version.
A decent and well organized system can run it acceptable.A good one can run it good.A great one can run it great and so on... 😉
And of course a low system turn FSX to rubbish... 😉 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Hahaha, yeah I have a pretty decent system actually, brand new! I did try to bring it back to Wal-Mart where I bought it, and they didn't want to do anything for me, I told them everything but nothing worked because the box was unwrapped, I even still had the sticker on the side of the plastic case still there. Dont know what to do, but I was pretty pissed since they didn't have the Deluxe version when I bought mine, bunch of cheepo's.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mat3329 wrote:

Hahaha, yeah I have a pretty decent system actually, brand new! I did try to bring it back to Wal-Mart where I bought it, and they didn't want to do anything for me, I told them everything but nothing worked because the box was unwrapped, I even still had the sticker on the side of the plastic case still there. Dont know what to do, but I was pretty pissed since they didn't have the Deluxe version when I bought mine, bunch of cheepo's.

I don't know where you live but try Fry's or CompUSA they may give you credit twords a Deluxe. They just reskin it or give it back to the vendor.

EB -Gamestop also.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Actually I live in the province of New-Brunswick, Canada, we dont have these stores around here but I will try ebay or something, may try to find a store around here like the ones you mentionned to me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i got a question about the deluxe seeings how i got the regular version.

can you declare an Emergency in the deluxe version? as apposed to the regular.?

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

I dont even know how to declare an emergency in the regular, so I cant really tell you, I only have the regular version. But I'm guessing if you can declare emergency in the regular, you probably can in deluxe.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...