Airbus MCDU [FIXED THE QUESTION]

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I have had both PSS Airbus and A340 Pro [Not quite that accurate if you ask the guys who fly those planes] for ages now, however there is one little snag I can never quite get around. It's a little section in the MCDU [FMGC if you prefer].

When one opens up the MCDU for the first time, it comes up with the INIT page. There one adds their flight plan [e.g EGLL/KJFK or VHHH/WSSS], flight number, aligns the IRS and enters the cruise altitude. Once that's done, one is required to go to the next page [press the next page button Doh! ] and one will see four orange blocks [Compulsory to fill in the orange blocks], they are the zero fuel weight.So one works out [or in my case, guess the number required] the ZFW and then suddenly below it, white bold writing stating "BLOCK" shows up and is required [I believe it's the block fuel I'm not sure].

THE QUESTION
Now my question is, how does one go about working out what numbers to punch in below the bold white writing [BLOCK]?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

😀 I've been given a program from the airbus factory in toulouse which teaches one everything there is to know about the MCDU. So don't worry about answering my question anymore. However if there's a problem you have with it yourself, just ask and I'll see what I can find on the CD.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...