A question about Shockwave products

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Recently I've been thinking of buying the Shockwave B-17 which they claim is built for FSX from the ground up.

Yesterday I saw at CompUSA the boxed set "Aircraft Powerpack" by Shockwave. In it is the B-17 along with the B-24 and B-29. as well as a bevy of foreign planes. Seems like a great deal for about $30.

My question is would the B-17 in the Powerpack be the same one that Shockwave sells for about $30 as a stand alone. I really want the FSX version that features all the new gimmicks.

The Powerpack is for FSX by the way.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
flyingcircus Guest

Hi

The powerpack does not contain the new FSX B-17 but the old FS9 version along with the other 2004 bombers from Shockwave. You would have to purchase the shockwave FSX B-17 separately. It is well worth it though - a much better 3D model and more cockpit controls. I have it and thoroughly recommend it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for this very useful information flyingcircus. I've tried to figure out what the story was, the Shockwave site isn't clear about this issue at all.
Let's hope freedspeak sees it 😀

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Not only have I seen it Tailhook, after viewing the Shockwave promo movie I decided to buy the FSX model of the beautiful Flying Fortress .... No regrets. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

You gotta love those landing lights.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good for you Freedspeak. I finally watched the promo video clip and yes those lights are unequalled.

I fly the fs9 version and will get this new one once I've upgraded to a better rig. Thanks for the feedback!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...