9.1 NO CD IS OUT!

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Thank you very much, it's in WinRar format.
If some one here uses that could they open it and use WinZip to close it. Leave me a PM and I'll tell you where to e-mail it so we can make it available for all to download.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

PM me, Radarman, I have it zipped.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

michlin wrote:

PM me, Radarman, I have it zipped.

I thank you for us all, you have a PM. 👍

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

It was my pleasure. 😀 Check your mail, radarman.

michlin

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

We'll be adding it to the site ASAP

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

michlin thank you very much for doing that you've helped us all. 👍

Flyaway I sent it to you for posting.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

The patch is in the downloads library:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

Thanks to michlin for hunting this down

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 That was quick

Thanks 👍

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Please excuse a silly question, but what will v9.1 do for me that the older No CD patch did not do?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Kurt,
If you load the new patch from MS then the old NO-CD (9.0) won't work well with it.
Now there is a new NO-CD(9.1) for use only if you download and install the new MS patch.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

Ah, that clears it up. Thanks RadarMan.

Yupeee Guest

Anonymous wrote:

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/flightsimulator2004acenturyofflight.htm

No use! It doesn´t work (unzip with winrar), man!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yupeee wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/flightsimulator2004acenturyofflight.htm

No use! It doesn´t work (unzip with winrar), man!

We have it in our members downloads with WinZip.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

thanks Michlin and all.

Radarman,
I must have missed the thread re: the MS patch.
Have most of you installed that patch?
Any improvements to speak of, I mean besides the bridges?

thanks...Michael

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Michael,
This is the patch, if you are going to install it follow the directions carefully or it won't take.
I haven't loaded it, there has been reports of huge FPS gains and others have seen little or none.
Some have had many problems others none.
I think that the ones that were successful followed MS's directions to a "T".

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads.asp

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Thanks RadarMan,

I did install the patch as per their instructions.
Just did a quick 50 mile flight in the default 737 to do some quick look tests.
Will observe it over the next few days and weeks but so far everything is working just as before, although I have never had any CTD or Framerate problems.

Michael.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good, glad it took ok. Let us know how you see the patch helping your sim.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Aptosflier Trainee

I just installed MS Flight Sim 2004 today and immediately installed the update. I would like to replace the exe file with a crack so I don't have to use the CD to launch the program. I notice that the MS Flight Sim update documentation warns against this, saying that some features of the update will be lost. Is this true? Also, the crack I downloaded from this site is called v. 9.0, not 9.1 like the update. Is this really the updated crack that is supposed to work with the MS Flight Sim update? And finally, I also downloaded another crack version (I think) that is an "RAR" file. What's that? Is this also a no-cd crack? If I use this one, do I have to rename it to make it work? Confused in Aptos, Calif. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you just installed FS9 and the patch you can install the no-cd crack 9.1.

You shouldn't have any problems with that.
If you install the old no-cd crack (9,0) then you will lose functions, MS is correct saying that.
WinRar is similar to WinZip but not as popular.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Aptosflier Trainee

OK, I will try it. But why is the latest crack named v 9.0 instead of 9.1? Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It isn't, read the above, use 9.1 not 9.0 for the patched version of the flight sim.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Aptosflier Trainee

Well, the name of the ZIPed file that I downloaded is "fs91_noCD," but the name of the unzipped file with the airplane icon is just "fs9." Is that because that's what it has to be called in order to work? Sorry to be so dense about this, but I want to make sure I don't screw up. (I will save a copy of the original exe file in my documents folder just in case I need to revert.) Thanks for your help. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's it.
If you unzip it and "mouse over it" the tool tip will read 9.1 or right click/properties/version/will say the same thing.
I don't blame you for being cautious and keeping the old one is the right thing to do.
Good luck and enjoy!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...