flight simulator x not playable without a joystick

ruleworld Guest

can anybody play it with keyboard? specially missions.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Actually yeah I did. It's not too easy but I still managed to fly a few planes with the keyboard. As long as you do so delicatly, it's not big deal actually. I was able to invert the Goose and the B-17 and fly them inverted actually pretty darn low, then flip 'em back. It's like flying a plane with the trim settings instead of the actual control column and pedals.

X-15 Guest

i would never fly a flight simulation program without a joystick, even the cheapest controller is better than the keyboard.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

I would definately play with a Joystick (or other gamepad such as the Xbox 360 Controller). This topic reminds me of when I first got my joystick. I had FS 2002 then and I said to my dad, 'How am I going to play FS properly without a joystick' and he brought out a new joystick he had bought for my bday 😀

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I bought FSX when it first came out last winter. I flew on the keyboard up until last month when I finally caved in and bought a joystick. That made all the difference in the world.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

The true problem lies in the fact that you guys are trying to "play" FSX... it isnt a game, its a simulator... Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Joysticks are not that expensive, around $19! If you could afford FSX you can surely buy a joystick. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Why would anyone want FSX without decent controls? You can buy FS9 for less than $20, and I've seen earlier versions for under $10.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...