Do you read books???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Are we readers except of simmers?The books is the best way to make our imagination running,create pictures which are unique from all of us...
A book is the best method for helping us to make our minds sharper and also making us feel free...

I was wondering if we read and what is our favorite book...

No matter what it is...Maybe its a comic...or a tail...or anything...Minds dont have edges...

My favorite one is one that i have read before 3 years and i read it again and again(3 times more)It Calls ''Long Jon Silver''(Yes the hero from ''treasure island'')and it describes the life of this cool bad guy...I suggest it to all. 😉

😉

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I love to read! Sometimes I read, and sometimes not.

My favorite book is "Heart in Atlantis" by Stephen King.
There's also a movie about this book.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Yes, I read. Aside from specialty-related books, lately I'm reading Donna Tart's "The little friend" and - well - Harry Potter together with my wife. Not made up my mind on the latest one yet. Next in line? Probably "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I like to read Harry Potter, they're some of my favorite books. But my favorit book would have to be "Flight of Passage" it's based on a real story about two boys who fly their Piper Cub across the country.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

I never read books really. I read things for college but the last book i read must have been something in school!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I read and have read mostly the classics but I do get news magazines weekly (Time) etc.).

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I mostly read magazines, such as Time, Newsweek, Airliners, and Autograph Collectors.

My favorite book would be In The Arena by President Nixon.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Playboy every month

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

haha good one

You read it for the in-depth articles no doubt Twisted Evil

crosscheck9 Guest

I mostly read books by author John J. Nance. He is a pilot, and has written some fascinating fictions relating to aviation, some of which are "Turbulence" and "Headwind". VERY Highly recommended for all. I'm currently reading a book by John Gunther, by the name of "Death Be Not Proud".

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

I mostly read books by author John J. Nance. He is a pilot, and has written some fascinating fictions relating to aviation, some of which are "Turbulence" and "Headwind". VERY Highly recommended for all. I'm currently reading a book by John Gunther, by the name of "Death Be Not Proud".

Headwind was a good book - I forgot about that one....

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Wow, Death be not Proud! I havn't read that for at least 10 years! What a great book that was!

I've been plowing through a lot of books this past summer (as I usually do since engineering gives me a bit too much work for free time during the year). I really enjoyed them all! One Hundred Years of Solitude was a great book (probably my favorite of the summer), by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, definitly reccomend it. I've moved on to some of his short stories now.

I also read through some books by one of my favorite authors Shusaku Endo (Silence and the Samurai)) Great books to make you think. Went through a few mysteries this summer, and actually just completed The Once and Future King by T.H.White. It's a long book (pretty racy at times) but it's really great! To anyone who ever enjoyed the Disney movie "Sword in the Stone", this would be a good book to go through!

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I think I have read Headwind, is it the one with the x-president that gets blamed for an assasin or something like that in Peru? And there are those pilots and the layer? If that is the one, I have read it too. Great Book. 😀

Guest Ed Guest

I read quite a bit; in recent years it's mostly fiction. Having served in the navy, I enjoy reading sea stories. Years ago I read all the Horatio Hornblower books, and more recently I read all of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series (the basis of the movie Master and Commander). And I read all of the Alexander Kent "Bolitho" series. Then I started on the Douglas Reeman books (Alexander Kent's real name) about the Royal Navy during WW2.

But a couple of weeks ago I picked up Dante's "The Divine Comedy: Inferno." Written in the 13th century, it's the story in poem of a trip through hell. Very bizarre.

Other than that, I have two magazine subscriptions that I ready pretty much from cover to cover every month: Scientific American and Bass Player.

Ed

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Hey Ed, if you like sea stories try out "Star of the Sea." I just read it this summer. It's a murder-mystery-thriller sorta thing (but not really ? Not sure what genre it belongs in!) that takes place on a ship from Dublin to New York during the era of the Potato Famine over there. It spends a lot of time going into character development rather than straight sea-fairing, but man, it's a GREAT book!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

As of now, I'm reading a book called "I'm OK, You're OK". It's for class, but it's actually relatively informative. It's about communication and learning how to communicate with someone better and such.

My last book was Airframe by Michael Crichton, before that I read Prey by the same author, and I've also read Lost World and Jurassic Park.

I'd say my so-far all time favorite book was White Shark by Peter Benchley.

crosscheck9 Guest

OOH FEM, I forgot Airframe - Very good book indeed

Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

I've read The Da Vinci Code and Bernini Mysterie... i like these kind of thrillers as long as you are sceptic about the contents...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Favorites include J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and of course, all the Harry Potter books.

These days, when I read, it is to get me out of the real world.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Favorites include J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and of course, all the Harry Potter books.

These days, when I read, it is to get me out of the real world.

J.R.R Tolkien...What a great writer and also a unique personallity.I have read most of his books and his biography.Another strange and wonderful world made by a man in front of his age.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...