query, how do I declare and emergency?

Pro Member Trainee
tvhunt Trainee

Flying a Beech Baron, I got an oil pressure light warning - I feathered the prop, shut everything down and continued on my IFR flight. When I contacted my airport for landing instructions I couldn't find any way to declare a single engine approach and emergency and could not get approval for a straight in approach.

Is there a way in FS 9 to declare an emergency and request a straight in approach?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No, you would have to use a program like FS Passengers or maybe a third party ATC program. Default ATC is not that sophisticated.

Note: In an emergency, you don't need approval. You tell ATC what you are doing, if you have time. Land on any runway that you want, ATC will get others out of your way. ATC can be an aid but you are the boss.

Pro Member Trainee
ShockAndYaw Trainee

Radar Contact allows this.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...