Quick question!

M15A Guest

Hi,

Just a quick question: On the Cessna 172 SP cockpit panel in the middle on top you have 3 lights with 'O M I' written on them.

What are they?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

O - Outer Marker
M - Middle Marker
I - Inner Marker

They refer to markers on the approach path as a means of gauging your position on the approach path (i.e. distance from the runway threshold). On commercial flights, ATC may often say, report at outer marker to keep an even flow of traffic and knowing the traffics location at a specific point.

More information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marker_beacon

M15A Guest

Thanks man!

I've only been flying VFR, never used ILS systems or something like that, so now I know why I didn't know! 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...