Flight Around The World

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I am about to begin a fligth around teh world. I am trying to decide what aircraft to fly> iam debating between The A340-300 or The Boeing
747-400. Do you have any Idea which one would be better. Here is my flight plan:

Williamson Count Regional(Hometown) to
Washington Dulles

Washington Dulles to
London Heathrow

London Heathrow to
New Dehli

New Dehli to
Tokyo

Tokyo to
Honolulu

Honolulu to
San Francisco

San Francisco to
Williamson County Regional

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest

New Orleans, Lakefront to Le Bourget, Paris

Do it in a small plane.

e.g. a small twin.

Here's a true story of someone flying a Columbia (single prop w fixed gear) half way around the world. You can continue the trip and make it around the world.

http://flycolumbia.com/.docs/pg/400/rid/10181/f/Hammack.pdf

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

I would say to take the 747. Well thats just my opnion and I really don't know much or anything about the A330 besides it is manufactured by Airbus.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

PMDG 747 would be my offer. Most realistic plane I fly.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the option guest but I am way to impatient to fly a prop half way aroung the world. It will be a miracle If i get around in a large jet even.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Williamson Count Regional(Hometown)(KMWA) to
Washington Dulles(KIAD) 550 nm

Washington Dulles to
London Heathrow (EGLL)3195 nm

London Heathrow to
New Dehli (VIDP) 3641 nm

New Dehli to
Tokyo (RJTT)3170 nm

Tokyo to
Honolulu (PHNL)3349 nm

Honolulu to
San Francisco (KSFO) 2084 nm

San Francisco to
Williamson County Regional-1580 nm

I think you'll need the A340-300 because I don't think the 737 has the range to fly 3600 nm.

Pro Member First Officer

I the you might have miss read it CRJcaptain. It was the 747-400 not the 737. I really just want the faster one. I have already began the first leg(Williamson county regional to Dulles) and i have been Swithching between the two aircraft and the A340 seems to go a little bit faster and has a better autothrottle system so I think I will go with the A340.

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to find the distances for me CRJCaptain.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes Embarassed I did mis read it, I guess your name made me thinK...737. I think the Airbus is a fine choice. 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...