FSX very slow; what can help?

maxhess Guest

Hi!

I have the FSX Deluxe and am currently running it on a Dell e521. I am not sure what graphics card etc i have right now, but it is the standard one from Dell.

What do I need to buy to make it run more effecient and make the graphics better? I have a budget of $100.00.

Thanks alot!
MH

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

maxhess wrote:

Hi!
I have the FSX Deluxe and am currently running it on a Dell e521. I am not sure what graphics card etc i have right now, but it is the standard one from Dell. What do I need to buy to make it run more effecient and make the graphics better? I have a budget of $100.00. Thanks alot!
MH

This appears to be the basic specs for your computer but unable to determine what you actually have...

$100 is not going to make much of a difference. The things you would need would include a faster video card, faster processor and possibility more RAM. For $100, you may be able to buy one gigabyte more of RAM but unsure how much difference you would see. FSX takes a very strong computer to run with most of the bells and whistles on, many other people are disappointed in the performance of FSX on their computers.

maxhess Guest

hi-

Thank you for your quick reply. how much do you think it will cost to make my FSX run a "little" faster but actually make the graphics better? I am OK with the performance my PC gives when flying small aircraft, but for some reason my A330 and 747 run very slow. I am currenlty using custom settings at a generally low level. What can i do so that:

-My graphics actually seem realistic and my Jetways will come out without a problem or delay?

-My landform textures and especially airport features are better?

I do not need exceptional really realistic graphics, but a minium of "medium high" settings without any problems would be great.

Thanks,
MH

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's a complicated question and almost impossible to answer, especially without knowing exactly whats in your computer. You are in the same boat with many of us, we want better performance but we don't want to by a new super computer to get it.

1. If you try to change your processor, you will probably have to get a new motherboard and all new RAM. $$$
[Major upgrade, may be cheaper to get a new computer est. $1000]

2. You could by a new, dedicated video card.$$
[Probably you best bet, price depends on choice of card, est. $300

3. You could buy more RAM(Don't know how much you have).$
[Always good to have more RAM, est. $100 per GB]

For FSX, you want the fastest processor you can afford, good video card(preferably one that can upgrade to DX10 when it's available) and 3 GB of RAM. So if you get a video card and 1 GB more RAM, that should be good and will run you about $400-500.

I am no computer builder, just my opinion. Some of the people here actually build their own computers and are a better source of information than I. 🙂

maxhess Guest

Hi!

I made a new topic callled " will these specs run FSX effeciently " which includes all of my PC specs.... what is your opinion on that?

Thanks,
MH

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...