Help installing NYC Scenery

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I downloaded some NYC scenery, and the directions said to put the full NYC_Objects file in the Addon Scenery file, which I did, but then it said to "Add the scenery the normal way in FS2004’s Scenery Library.". How do I do this?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Chris, Well since you have it in the addon scenery all you have to do now is activate it while you are in the game. Like this, Open the game and go to your settings and find the addon scenery you installed and activate it, then close it (the sim) and restart it and you should now have the scenery you installed show up. Radar is much better than I at explaining things. Ric

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Riclo is correct in how to install it.

Follow these directions step by step and it'll work.

1. Extract the zip into your main FS2004 Addon Scenery folder, or into a temporary folder, and then move it there, which ever method you prefer.
I use the temp and drag and drop.

2. Start up FS2004 and when the welcome screen, or initial menu comes on, select settings, then click on Scenery Library, and Add Area. Find the Addon Scenery folder and open it, then find the XXXX folder and click on it. The name XXXX should now appear in the title window, then click OK. Then you will see XXXX at the top of your scenery library list, and click the OK tab at the bottom.

3. That's it! You must first exit FS2004, and when you restart it your scenery will be there. It is not necessary to use the Addon Scenery option to locate this scenery, simply go to the airport in FS.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...