FAS.com Should Post a Gen'l Note on How to Inatall Downloads

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Via this Forum, I've received much valuable info from "Tailhook" as to how to install Missions, Scenery and Aircraft. Why doesn't flyawaysimulation.com post such Help info on its main page?? To a newcommer, the installation process is anything but intuitive - and this is from a guy who's used both PCs & Macs for 40 years and hasn't had this problem before.

Come on!, FlyAway, give your new users a chance! This is a great website.

Martin

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

mpf858 wrote:

and this is from a guy who's used both PCs & Macs for 40 years and hasn't had this problem before.

Martin

in 1967 there was no such thing as a mac. the closest thing to a pc was the timeshare/ mainframe dealio. mostly a glorified calculator. (which, didnt even shrink to pocket size untill the mid 70's) remember the digital clock radios with the tiny flip-over cards? hee heeeeeee

if this is the equipment you are familiar with it's no wonder you had trouble installing stuff! those punch cards would never run fsx!
😂

sorry, i couldn't resist a little poke

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Well, cheezyflyer, it's too bad you don't have anything more constructive to add here but a cheap shot on my "40 years" exaggeration/joke. I bought my first Mac in 1984 (a 128K, after the Lisa), 23 years vs. 40, but who's counting? You I guess.

FOR OTHER, MORE SERIOUS FOLKS HERE, DON'T YOU AGREE THAT SOME INFO ON INSTALLING DOWNLOADS MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE TO HAVE ON THE DOWNLOAD PAGE?

I'm running FSX on Windows (of course); and I would claim it is not obvious how to install downloads - absent installers. How should one know a-priori that he should stick downloaded files in the Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Fligt Simulator X folders and which folders they go in?

THIS IS A TERRIFIC WEBSITE. IT SHOULD BE MADE MORE USER FRIENDLY.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

hey man, i never meant to hurt your feelings. i dont see how my post was interpreted as a knock against you. it seemed pretty clear to me, but, either way, i apoligize. i never meant to make you p. o'd. maybe sometimes i play too much. however, on a more serious note, this is the internet. if you havent learned by now, you need a slightly thicker skin. there are alot of people on the net who actually do want to insult you, and they will, at the first opportunity. i am not one of those. had i something useful to add to your post originally, i would have. i hope your day gets better.

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Hey cheezyflier, no harm no foul. I was hoping to find some flyawaysimulation.com rep here who would correct their shortcommings. Yes, this is the Internet. Whatcha doing Sat evening? 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...