Motherboard?

Hey everybody

I'm pretty new in this forum , but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Here's my question: What does the motherboard do. I mean, I have just spent a lot of money buying a new computer, which I constructed on my own. The specs are, 2gig RAM, Geforce 7950 with 512 MB, Core 2 duo 1.83 GHz.

I am just not quite satisfied yet, could it be my motherboard? (I bought a cheap one)

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rather than me explaining and rambling on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motherboard

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I think I know where you are getting at; you want to know if your motherboard will be good enough to handle the componets you have now, right? If so, what is the type of motherboard you bought? If you bought a cheap one like you said, then you might experience what some calls a "bottleneck": you won't see the full performance of your equipment because your motherboard isn't fast enough to handle it.

what I can tell you is that if you are building a computer, it is sometimes best that you get a motherboard that is fully loaded; accepts dual core processors, PCI-E slots, 4 slots for Ram, SATA and IDE connections....etc. That way if a new product comes out that will improve on the overall performance of your computer, you will know that your motherboard can handle it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The bliss of anonymous posts.

I think I know where you are getting at; you want to know if your motherboard will be good enough to handle the componets you have now, right? If so, what is the type of motherboard you bought? If you bought a cheap one like you said, then you might experience what some calls a "bottleneck": you won't see the full performance of your equipment because your motherboard isn't fast enough to handle it.

what I can tell you is that if you are building a computer, it is sometimes best that you get a motherboard that is fully loaded; accepts dual core processors, PCI-E slots, 4 slots for Ram, SATA and IDE connections....etc. That way if a new product comes out that will improve on the overall performance of your computer, you will know that your motherboard can handle it.

Yeah , that's correct.

Im am using a biostar PT890775 S-775

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...