7600GT

I know this isnt the correct forum to post this in but i need to have an answer quickly. I want to buy the 7600GT BUT my power supply is too small. I can buy a new power supply no problem but what i am wondering is, where does the PCI-E x16 slot get its power from. I have looked on my motherboard and cant find the VGA power connecor anywhere. Does the PCI-E take the power from the 20/24 pin motherboard connector from the PSU. I realise that the 7600GT doesnt need power directly as it consumes it from the PCI slot, but my main question is, will buying a PSU of about 400-500w be good enough to power the pci slot without my motherboard having a VGA slot thingy for the 6 pin PCI-E power connector. ❓

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest

please...surely someone has the 7600GT to use FS. Does it draw power from the main motherobard connector or need a seperate lead?? ❓ ❓

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Google is your friend, my friend.

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=powersupply+7600GT&meta=

Quote from
http://forums.techguy.org/games/524111-serious-graphics-card-help-non.html

FYI the 7600GT does not require a power lead off of the PSU. It gets all it's power from the PCI express slot.

May we kindly point out that while you're absolutely welcome to ask any questions you might have, which we will answer to the best of our abilities if you ask them in a polite and patient manner, it never hurts to spend a little time searching yourself Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...