SearchSearch 

Fatal errors with SP1

Civili Guest

Ive reinstalled my game, installed SP1 and it made my fps alot better. But, everytime i try to save or restart a mission, i get a fatal error. I tried switching the view before i save, yet it only works half of the time..

I know there are more people with this problem out there. Can i get some help on this one please?

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tell us the exact message. word for word.

Radar

Civili Guest

Well, first the screen goes black for about 35sek , then the regular " a fatal error has accured" appears and two options, try to repair and restart the program. ( im using vista ). I cant play under these conditions..If somebody knows anything about how to fix this, i would be very gratefull.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Civili wrote:

Well, first the screen goes black for about 35sek , then the regular " a fatal error has accured" appears and two options, try to repair and restart the program. ( im using vista ). I cant play under these conditions..If somebody knows anything about how to fix this, i would be very gratefull.

Try to repair, put FSX disk one in and use the repair mode.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
JG3Bulldog Trainee

I have the same issue. Must be a bug as I never had this before installing SP1. It's as I change screens and twice it's happened to me when I have gone into the map.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JG3Bulldog wrote:

I have the same issue. Must be a bug as I never had this before installing SP1. It's as I change screens and twice it's happened to me when I have gone into the map.

That can be video card drivers, update them and see if it helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
JG3Bulldog Trainee

I have Alienware - SLI Nvidia4 - Geforce GO 7900 GS

I'm a little new to this so can you point me in the right direction to see if the drivers are old.
it says driver version 8.4.7.4 - 5/8/2006. in properties

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
civili Guest

I managed to fix this problem.

First off, i bought a legit copy of the game. ( deluxe ). I downloaded it just to it out, but its so damn fun it deserved my cash.

I reinstalled Vista, installed the game and SP and voila. No more errors, everything runs smoothly. Now if i only manage to land my helicopter properly ill be all set 😂