Still cant take off in Boeing 777

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I have the PSS Boeing 777 and its hard for me to take off in it. I have used plently of flaps and I full throttle this sucker but its like I get to the end of runway and I reach 170 knots and I think I need like 215 or something like that and its like I cant get to that speed. Anyone know what I doing wrong?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

I have the PSS Boeing 777 and its hard for me to take off in it. I have used plently of flaps and I full throttle this sucker but its like I get to the end of runway and I reach 170 knots and I think I need like 215 or something like that and its like I cant get to that speed. Anyone know what I doing wrong?

1. How long is the runway?
2. What is the altitude of the airport?
3. What is the outside air temperature(OAT)?
4. What is the weight of the aircraft?
5. What flap setting are you using for take off?
6. Are your spoilers deployed?
7. Are you getting full power from engines?
8. Ensure that the wind is zero.
9. Change fuel to 73% in all tanks.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

1. 9354 ft
2. got the flytampa miami aiport. Not sure of the alititude of airport I will keep searching
3. have no idea I change it here and there.
4. I have pss boeing 777, said boeing 777 maximum take off weight is 776,000
5. 5 or 15
6. no
7. yes
8. check
9. rgr

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Well for Florida, the altitude of the airport isn't a factor, no need to look.
Temperature and wind are no problem.
Runway length is good.
Flap setting(s) are good.

You should rotate at about 160 KIAS with flaps 5. The only thing I can think of is it's overweight. I show a Maximum Takeoff Weight or 545,000 lbs. (real B777-200). Reduce to this weight. Are you using a joy stick? What happens when you apply up elevator at 160 KIAS? Ensure that the elevator pitch trim is set correctly. On the default B777, it's about 9.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Well what is the take off speed? I can get around 170 but that is at the last second.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

Well what is the take off speed? I can get around 170 but that is at the last second.

Flaps 5, about 155 KIAS. Just guessing because the default B777-300 is about 160 KIAS.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

bawls327 wrote:

I told you the same, rotate speed is 155-160 kts, depends on the weight. B777, 747, and A340 are hard planes for takeoffs , I will add 767, and a330 😉

stallspeedtaxi Guest

❓ In aircraft cfg. raise the lift_scalars and lower the drag _scalar.
Raise the jet_engine, thrust_scalar 😕

Pro Member First Officer

stallspeedtaxi wrote:

❓ In aircraft cfg. raise the lift_scalars and lower the drag _scalar.
Raise the jet_engine, thrust_scalar 😕

Yea, but then you jusr ruin the physics of the plane, and its not realistic or close to real flying 😉

stallspeedtaxi Guest

:rofl:YA but, Is it really called "Flying", when the aircraft is incapable of leaving the ground??????? Nope

Pro Member First Officer

stallspeedtaxi wrote:

:rofl:YA but, Is it really called "Flying", when the aircraft is incapable of leaving the ground??????? Nope

Well listen bro, we are flying to trying the realistic way, yes it is harder, but it takes effort, you dont like it go fly a cessna man Evil or Very Mad This si called cheating man.....

stallspeedtaxi Guest

🙄 Well to put it bluntly, My cessna really fly's, and quite realistically!
if i am being "dyslexic" i am sorry, "BDK" was dyslexic and most dyslexic people become famous like BDK. and i was just being sarcastic anyways, ok! 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

sure......

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...