X Key

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

In the FS9 book, it says "X=Land Me". What is this? Does it automatically land you? Also, when I taxi up to the gas station, and I press SHIFT+TAB, I still can't add fuel to the plane. Any help?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

X=land me I'll leave for someone else.

Pull up to the fuel pump, nose in as close as possible and wait few seconds it'll jump to 100%, if not get closer, it always works for me.
No keys to press.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Use the drive up to pump when you can, but if you're at a very small airfield that does not have fuel facilities in FS, use the key commands.

I remember the Land Me function from FS98 - a pilot would take over and it used to land the aircraft at the closest airfield. If I remember rightly, this only worked for small aircraft. I didn't even know FS2004 had this feature, where did you find this command? Have you tried it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I think it is only in FS98. I haven't tried it in FS9.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I checked my keyboard Control Assignment for "X" and mine is set to "Standby Frequency Swap". I have never changed this particular assignment so I assume it is default in FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Using a program you can get on AvSim.com, called "AirEd", you can turn on the land me feature.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...