Engine startup in the DC-3 and 2 more misc questions

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Ok,

I was defeated by this last night...

1. I was going through the engine startup check list and could do everything on the check list apart from switch on the fuel booster pumps .. the switched on the panel wouldn't work for some reason and I couldn't find a key binding on my kneeboard to do this manually...

I am guessing since I never switched on the fuel pumps this is why the engines will not start 😀

Can anyone who flies the DC-3 regularly please give me some pointers here as i hate clicking "Ctrl +E" as it seems a bit lame 😞

I would love to really get used to flying this lovely aircraft before I even attempt to start my tour in her..

2. I also have a question about running a haulage firm on FS9.. can you do this in a similar manner that FS Passengers works? ie obviously as you are a cargo hauler you don't have passengers but you would have deadlines and whatnot to meet which could effect your company.

3. Is there anyway to setup FS to allow for random failures without me having to program the things to happen (which seems a silly idea... as I would be expecting a problem)

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Insight wrote:

Ok,

I was defeated by this last night...

1. I was going through the engine startup check list and could do everything on the check list apart from switch on the fuel booster pumps .. the switched on the panel wouldn't work for some reason and I couldn't find a key binding on my kneeboard to do this manually...

I am guessing since I never switched on the fuel pumps this is why the engines will not start 😀

It's been a while since I have flown the DC3, but as I recall there are various panels that can be brought up with different instrument/contols, if you are trying to activate the pumps from the main panel you might try finding it on one of the other panels.

Without the booster pumps it will be next to impossible to start the engines.

As for random failures I don't know if that's possible, but I agree it's dumb to program in a failure and then knowing it's going to happen.

Have you flown the bird yet with the upgrade file?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

HiI am flying her as I type but having not flown her for such a long time its hard to say how much different it is.I have just left Heathrow and am en route to Charles-De-Gaulles airport as a test flight One thing I have noticed is my enter key doesnt work in the forums lol another is that my game seems very very jerky which is strange and I am having some issues with the skins loading strangely for my aircraft, i wonder whats causing this 😞 my old pc which is of a lower spec ran it better than this so I am suspecting it is some sort of driver issue?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I more or less did a before and after when I put the upgrade in and I seen a big difference.

My computer isn't the best for the sim but I don't recall anything bad happening as far as frame rates. The skins I don't know about, but I don't recall a problem there either. If your frame rates aren't good you won't see much difference, not if it's slowing things down to the point of being jerky.

I haven't put the upgrade on since I last reformatted my drive and haven't flew the DC3. I will do it and see what I get and let you know.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Insight, you have a PM.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...