How to slow down a Boeing 737?

Guest Guest

How do you slow one of these down after takeoff? I'm learning how to fly one, and after I take off, it says to trim and pitch level flight going 280 knots. But after I Trim/Pitch it to level flight, it goes up to 300 knots. If I lower down the N1 the instructor gets mad at me.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Pull down the thrust levers down a bit, or turn on autopilot and autothrotlle, set your speed indicator on the autopilot pod to climb setting or to 280 knots in your case and voila the aircraft will slow down or speed up if needed. If you can't use the AP than set your N1 and N2 to around 90%.

Guest Guest

They don't let me do AP yet, and when I turn up the throttle, the N1 goes up, but when I turn it down, the N1 goes down and lowers the aircraft power. But if I turn it down past 90%, the instructor gets mad at me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

They don't let me do AP yet, and when I turn up the throttle, the N1 goes up, but when I turn it down, the N1 goes down and lowers the aircraft power. But if I turn it down past 90%, the instructor gets mad at me.

Use your flaps. If you are flying a 737 than you oughta have your flaps set to 5 degrees. It also has to do with your vertical speed. I use around 3000 ft/min for initial climb, that's right after take off.

Guest Guest

If I use my flaps, they get mad at me too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

If I use my flaps, they get mad at me too.

Well, than you are using too much power for take off.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...