How to get the Vehicles, gates and other cool stuff

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ok, everyone seems to be confused as to how you get these, so i'll tell you. It's not an addon, its not anything like that. It's in FS04...If you look in the Learning Center, you'll see a video where Martha shows you about pushback, and the 747 she uses has a gate near it.

All you do is this,

1. Start up Flight Simulator

2. Go into the Settings Tab on the left hand side of the screen when you launch FS04

3. Go into DISPLAY

4. In the SCENERY tab, Look to the Right side, You'll see 2 silders, one for Autogen Scenery, and another for Custom Scenery (NOT ADDON SCENERY)

5. Drag the CUSTOM SCENERY tab all the way to the right

6. Drag the AUTOGEN SCENERY tab all the way to the right.

7. There, not only will you get frame rates in the low teens, You'll get jet airways, and those little trucks, as well as barges, cruise ships and sailboats. And more buildings than you know what to do with

8. After you do this, you'll find that its easier on your video card if you make a decision between air traffic, and ground scenery...I choose ground scenery, I have NO air traffic, because it really doesnt enhance the realism as well as buildings do. Dunno why...maybe i'm jus crazy like that 😛

Have fun!

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Is it possible to have the trucks pull up to the plane?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Sorry, I did not put that it, no, they do not move at all...i THINK some of the boats move, but i cant remember

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

FEM is right, moving the sliders up to DENSE or EXTREMELY DENSE gives you as lot of extras on the ground that you will not see if you if you don't increase the settings.

If you want moving tracks and Buses, moving Jetways, SERVICE provision (Fuel and food trucks), etc, etc, you can get these from some add-ons.

I get all of the above from these add-ons :-

- Just Flight WORLD AIRPORTS 2
- British Airports, Vol 1.

Both give "Active Docking", moving ground traffic, Services, Terminal Busses, etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Dont Know Did anyone look at this ❓ ❓ ❓

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2908/rwy12-object-placer-v10/

Radar

I tried it, but I couldn't figure out the coordinates in which to put each item.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hack Im still trying Hack
Keep getting a unable to create file msge

Chris102 if you reset fs9 not to disply in full screen you can the flip back and forth between programs

Use a Cessna or if you have d/loaded a car or bus even better then slew to where you want the object and the prog will update its position by pressing err update I think

Elkin Guest

As the guys said, the utility is difficult.

If you want to get really turned on to see just how nice it is to have jetbridges that move up to your aircraft as well as fueul trucks, follow me trucks, passenger trucks and and. Download the Bremen scenery. Yeah, it is only Bremen, but it is great. (And free). 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Guys, take a look at this website. IT IS AMAZING!!!
You can get active jetways! Just click on the Scenaries Download section, click the airport you like/want, and enjoy reading and looking at those wonderful screenshots.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Wacko Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂 I forgot to put the website. 😂 I'm a busy man....hehe
Ok, here it is:
http://www.simflyers.net/

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

🙂) Ah now I see

I tried the Manchester scenery and it looks good except the airport is unusable unless you buy it( Huge adverts on runways that you will crash into)
Also tried the Bari Palese,and thats OK,moving vehicles and marshellers and no adverts(very usable)
Its not as advanced as the Breman(freeware) scenery as the vehicles are just stuck on a fixed route with no interaction needed from you,eg the follow me cars run with or without an aircraft behind them,so if you taxi and the car has gone you have to wait for it to do its little round trip before it comes back
Im not knocking it as it is worth a look 😉
I will try a few more later and decide whether to part with any cash

Oops! Nearly forgot, the d/loads come with the best scenery installer prog I have come across,it does it all for you(no need to activate it in settings)

Pro Member Chief Captain

I really like those airport scenaries. They have all the toys you want! And it's very realistic. I think I'm going to buy one or maybe two of those airport scenaries. They are awesome!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...