A few questions concerning the PMDG 737-800/900

ToneHammond Guest

Hi everyone,

A while ago I purchased the PMDG 737-800/900 editions, and I have just got to grips with it and successfully completed the tutorial flight.

I have looked through the forum archives before posting a new thread, and couldn't find a thread which answered my question specifically.

I'm interested in flying to new destinations using the FMC rather than ATC guiding me, however, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to create a flight plan/route. Is there any websites which offer 'pre-made' flight plans so I can just key in the airways and waypoints into the FMC.

Or do most PMDG 737 users just use ATC rather than the FMC?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

PMDG actually included over 200 flightplans that are in the
FS9/PMDG/Flightplan folder.

ToneHammond Guest

I have just checked this folder, and its empty, I've tried a re-install, but still no luck.

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

It's not very realistic, but I normally fly directly to the STAR, or transition, and then land.

I have meant to get to grips with Radar Contact, but havn't the time to devote to the learning curve right now.

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee
Trentdaddy Guest

i use the routes that fs gives me and when im programming the fmc i just use the waypoints the fs gives me, by looking at your navlog, i just need to know how to land these things using the fmc and atc, and the autopilot

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

it is quite easy when you know fist you put where you and where you going then click next page. then put you rote in right order. this can be found after you have made a flight plan. you will find the list in navigation plan. write it down or print and type it in to the fmc with the airport you landing in at end. if you cant understand what i mean add me to msn and i will explain as you do it on your screen. Kieran__1987@hotmail.co.uk

Pro Member Trainee
zakaree Trainee

FMC wont land you.. it will Guide you down and to you waypoints.. but even still the ATC will most likely override anything u have plugged in by the time your on your final.

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

I fly 737s for a major carrier. Here are a couple of routes I am flying in the near future:

ABQ TXO V62 LBB :KABQ-KLBB fl330

LBB V102 GTH GREGS5 DAL :KLBB-KDAL fl370

DAL TEX9 TUL CNU JHAWK5 MCI :KDAL-KMCI fl410

MCI CHIEF3 CATTS MCK SNY BOY DBS J82 DNJ LTJ BONVL5 PDX: KMCI-KPDX fl360

There are a days worth of real-world flight plans for you.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...