How do you master landing?

Joey890 Guest

How do you get really good at landing like the people in videos on youtube. I've had this game for a week now, and sometimes when I land with a 777 the nose goes way into the ground. How do you get really good at landing? How much practice does it take? Will it take like 5 months to get really good at it?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

it takes a few weeks to master landing in a very small plane in real life it can take longer I've been going to flyng lessons for a few month's now and stil scare the wits out of me and my instructor in a 172

Ya answer Guest

Joey890 wrote:

How do you get really good at landing like the people in videos on youtube. I've had this game for a week now, and sometimes when I land with a 777 the nose goes way into the ground. How do you get really good at landing? How much practice does it take? Will it take like 5 months to get really good at it?

Depends on the landing 😎

manual you have to control the plane and perfom some VFR procudeures but automatic landing with the big planes you see on youtube you have to learn how navigate with VOR and the comm radios and the plane lands itself its is called ILS (instrumental Landing System)

Planesrock Guest

Took me almost 3 months, but I got it. It's really easy. You don't have to touch down a second after you are over the runway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Practice makes it perfect, right?! 😉

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

You have to follow the numbers. Approach speeds, flap settings, controlling rate of descent etc. If the plane is trimed right, it will just about fly itself till the point of flaring out and touchdown. One common problem is "bobble head syndrome" where you over correct for pitching durring the approach. This in effect produces a series of "mini" stalls until the airplane bleeds off too much speed and makes the gravely transition from aerodynamic machine to the proverbial ROCK!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

VegasFlyer and N9xv are both totally correct, if you've only had it a week then don't try flying a 777, follow the tutorials and take the learning flights then you'll soon come to really enjoy Flightsim 😀 . In short practice, practice, practice.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Karlw wrote:

it takes a few weeks to master landing in a very small plane in real life it can take longer I've been going to flyng lessons for a few month's now and stil scare the wits out of me and my instructor in a 172

Yea I actually landed flat on my first landing in a beechcraft. I can say I am getting much better but I still havent mastered it. And yes Fs2004 or fsx when you land it is easier than real life but it still takes a while to get used to it just like all the others said.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Like mostly everyone said, It takes time. If you are flying a Single Prop than I would rather come in fast than slow, so its okay if you make your approach atleast 10 knots faster than the 60-65 knots recommended. Dont move on to the big birds until you can land the little bird BTW.

Master VFR than move onto IFR

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

practice

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

this is how i got best at landing takeoff in your favorite plane go to 1500ft and slew the aircraft back past the runaway so its in front of you and then turn off slew mode and fly til u hit the runaway and u can go alot higher if u want

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...