Do Scenery Add Ons slow down screen refresh rate?

Pro Member Trainee
FlyPast Trainee

Interested in buying some Uk and Europe scenery add-on packs, but wondered if they will slow down my pc's screen refresh rate?

Last edited by FlyPast on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Some do, you'll have to research it to see what others have to say.
Most add on scenery is more graphic intensive than default so you will take a FPS hit.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

It also depends what type of scenery. If you're looking at VFR photo-realistic scenery, there's a chance it could actually run quicker. When using VFR scenery, a lot of people also switch off autogen scenery as it doesn't always fit well with the new scenery, which will give you an improvement in performance.

Mark

shadowcheese Guest

ok guys i was wondering if there are any good cool runway effects or textures. like if you land you get skid marks on the runways. ive had 1 plane that did it and it looked so cool. also does fs2004 scenery work really well in fsx because i want to get some really nice scenery for fsx and if it does work can anyone suggest any. thank you.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...