Dash 8-300 Professional / Aircraft Editing help

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So does anyone know how to alter the sound-files on planes? The Dash 8 is a beautiful plane, but for some reason the engines are 4 times louder in the cockpit than from the external view!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Solution: Dont Know
I didn't check to see where it was just now, but there is a slider in settings for amount of cockpit sound.
Problem: Doh!
It will also affect the other aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Grunge,

I have this plane too, and love it, Fly the "FlyBE" routes in it ........ I totally agree the engine sound can be deafening, considering it's the "Q Rollout" which is supposed to be the quietest Turbo-Prop in production !

I done what RM has suggested and went into the SETTINGS and SOUND menu and turned down the cockpit volume.

Have you had any troubles with the Radio (Outgoing ATC commands) and Landing Gear dying on you for no apparant reason ?

This is a bug within the add-on, but the add-on has FSUIPC on the "Modules" menu, when you're using it - if you buy a Registration Code from the Internet, you can fix the bug.

I'm enjoying a new lease of life in this fine turbo-prop, after getting this fix.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

No trouble with those things dying on me yet. I just have trouble with the autopilot from time to time. But I've only had this for 3 days, and that is what manuals are there for =). Although I'm not thrilled with the FMC, I really am enjoying the plane. It's such a different experience than that of the larger jets, and I certainly appreciate that. The overhead panel is beautifully modeled too!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yip - sad thing with the FMC is that so much of it is not modelled... ie, their is a VNAV button, but no way of programming it (in the way that you can on the 737NG).... but yes, best thing about this in my view is the exterior model - I think it's better than the NG's model... just gorgous. Love the VC too....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...