Problem installing FSX

Pro Member Trainee
bounce741 Trainee

Hey guys/girls.

Im trying to instll FSX but my DVD drive wont read the disc, the light just keeps flashing. Im not brilliant with computers, but i can normally work things out.

Im not missing anything am I?

Cheers in advance
Bounce

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you have Nero software delete all of it, do a search to get it all.

Disable your Anti-Virus, or try to load it in safe mode.

Some DVD drives can't read FSX.
You may have to borrow a external one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
bounce741 Trainee

I uninstalled/deleted everything Nero on my computer and tried to install it in safe made but the problem is still the same.

I dont know anyone with and external dvd drive, is there anything else i can try, except buying a new drive?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Try updating the driver for your DVD drive.

Pro Member Trainee
bounce741 Trainee

One step ahead, Im all up to date

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Check to see if the disks are readable on another computer. If not, return the disks and get a new set, possible that the disks are bad.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It doesn't come up at all.
You see nothing??

Try putting disk 1 into the caddy, go to My Computer/open it/click on your DVD drive ( or right click on it and open).

Try to access the disk from the inside and get to the setup or install icon and see if you can get it to run that way.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
bounce741 Trainee

No, I get no autostarts and I cant access the drive manually. The read light on the drives just keeps on flashing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
bounce741 Trainee

I tried every single tip on each of those links (apart from a fresh XP install because ive lost most of my disks whilst moving three time in two years) and the problem is still the same!!

Anyone got any more ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

bounce741 wrote:

I tried every single tip on each of those links (apart from a fresh XP install because ive lost most of my disks whilst moving three time in two years) and the problem is still the same!!

Anyone got any more ideas?

A DVD drive only wll cost under $30, a DVD burner will cost under $50 (internal). That would be in the US.
I don't know where you are...you may get it cheaper, I've seen them here (US) for (on sale) $10.
If it loads on another computer then it's not the disk's it's the drive.

Radar

ernestomedina346 Guest

still having troubles with this?,you might want to back to 2019

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...