FLIGHT ONE: Greatest Airplanes - Acher

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Just got this add-on from Justflight.com ..... It's a 1982 Piper Archer.... a little beauty.... I have loads of great add-on jets, some great light twin add-ons but was lacking in a really good quality (ie.... improvement on the default planes) small single engined plane.... a replacement for teh default Cessna 172 if you like.

Enter the Archer.... The model is gorgeous, lots of detail... the 2D panel is also superb, detailing the stitched leather around the dashboard... you can also tell that the plane is from 1982 and not 2004 which is nice.

Everything is modelled accurately, down to the "Single Axis" Century 21 AutoPilot system.... you see the default planes all have more or less the same AutoPilot, which isn't realistic in a small plane - the reality is that very few Cessna 172's have any AutoPilot, never mind one like the default, with full APPROACH mode !

So the Piper has the true to life system that exists in most light aircraft - it holds the Heading, or a NAV course, but you got to keep the ALTITUDE right yourself, using Trim (and by not falling asleep!).

The sound is also lovely in this sweet little add-on.

So this little plane that looks so basic on the face of it is actually teaching me a lot - perhaps for the first time, I'm really concentrating on my "trimming" .... and also all Approaches have to be done visually, no ILS in this plane !

Really good fun if (like me), you like things to be as realistic as possible, and of course if (like me), you're partial to a spin out in a "low and slow" to break up a hard day's flying 747s, 737s and A340s.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I was strolling around Newcastle Airport today and came upon this -is this your new toy? 😉

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Ha Ha Ha !!! I like it ! Yip, that would be mine - she doesn't go very fast but I'll fly her "up the road" to bonnie Scotland and drop you a bottle of Glenmorangie off at Xmas !

You should go into Business as a Professional Virtual Airplane Paint Sprayer !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...