777 panel problem

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hi guys,

Any 777 aircraft I download from any site dosen't show up the panel on FSX cockpit. I've checked the "panel" and "gauges" folder, everything seems to be fine in comparison to other planes. Does FSX support 777 at all?

Please help me solve this problem.

Cheers

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

abmukh80 wrote:

Hi guys,
Any 777 aircraft I download from any site doesn't show up the panel on FSX cockpit. I've checked the "panel" and "gauges" folder, everything seems to be fine in comparison to other planes. Does FSX support 777 at all?Please help me solve this problem. Cheers

1. You have to make sure that the aircraft that you download is for FSX.
2. Some aircraft downloads don't actually have their own panel but use one of the default aircrafts panels. Open the panel.cfg file. If you see "Aliased- Boeing 737 panel " or other aircraft, it doesn't have a panel. You may be able to add a panel but there are few panels for FSX.
3. Here is a B777 that appears to have a panel:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2905/fsx-united-airlines-boeing-777-200/

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Thanks for the reply, but this is the same downloaded aircraft I was speaking about. Everythin seems to be fine except the instruments which are simply not there!

Now what do I do with the panels & gauges?

Waiting for your reply

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Panel put in main aircraft folder and guages put in guages folder.

737flier 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

When you get the file, it's a .zip file. When you unsip the file, you get a folder named 777. Inside this folder is the folder _Vorona Boeing 777. Copy this folder into the location stated in the readme file. You shouldn't have to do anything with the panel or gauges folders.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

well i've gone exactly the way u said. Unfortunately the palens do not show up!

any other FSX 777 link will be appreciated. I dont find too many 777 for FSX

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's about all I know, maybe the author can be more help.

CONTACT (Tim Clayton) at timcclayton@hotmail.com
______________________________________________________________________________________

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Copy the "_Vorona Boeing 777" folder to your "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes" folder.

2. Open FSX and check that the Vorona Aviation variant is there (it will be under "Vorona Aviation" in the Aircraft Manufacturer drop-down box)

(if you installed FSX in a non-default folder, you will have to browse to that folder instead...)
______________________________________________________________________________________

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Not very complicated. Did the same way. I mean we really cant install any other way! Any tweaks to get the panels right?

Surprised, no 777's out for FSX except 1this!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This is just a shot in the dark but how are you opening the download(DL)? I would DL the aircraft to a junk folder or the desktop. Then I would extract the .zip file to that same location. Then I would copy and paste the required file to FSX. I don't unzip the original aircraft file directly to FSX.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

i've FSX

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

abmukh80 wrote:

i've FSX

Typo that I've corrected. Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...