PSE PSE HELP Aircraft downloads

Pro Member Trainee
nitro446 Trainee

Im trying to add new liveries to current FSX aircraft..namely A321 Easyjet. The instructions tell me to update the aircraft.cfg using notepad and copy / paste etc but I cant save the new addition on the cfg file! Where am I going wrong? whenever I paste and then try to save and exit it will not let me do so
😕

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure that you are the administrator.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
nitro446 Trainee

I am logged on as the adminstrator but i get the msg "make sure path and file name are correct."
All i am trying to do is add to the file. Why cant i save?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it's Vista.
Run notepad 'as administrator'
open the file, make changes and save.

Making the changes in notepad for instance without elevating to 'run as
administrator' gives the error message you report.

If not, reboot and try again, sometimes Windows protects itself.
Let us know what happens.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I have Vista and had the same problem. If youre not sure how to act as administrator, move the aircraft.cfg file to your desk top. open it using Notepad, make the changes then save it. Then move it back into the FSX folder. AFter that, you can make changes to the .cfg file in the FSX folder. You only have to drag the file out once to desktop, after that changes can be made in the actual folder. It is a Vista quirk.

Pro Member Trainee
nitro446 Trainee

jellrod youre a wizard!!!!
Now I can enjoy a multitude of aircraft!
Good old Vista EH!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

Glad to help. It drove me crazy for a few days until I figured it out. CHeers mate.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...