Smallest monoplane in the world

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Smallest monoplane in the world

The Baby Bird. The Baby Bird was 11 ft (3.4 m) in length, a wingspan of 6.25 ft (1.9 m) and weighed only 250 lb (115 kg) empty. Its 55-hp piston engine gave the Baby Bird a maximum speed of 110 mph (175 km/h) when it first flew at Camarillo, California, on 4 August 1984. Pilot Harold Nemer completed 35 flights aboard the Baby Bird by the time it was retired in 1989.

http://www.airventuremuseum.org/collection/aircraft/Stits%20DS-1%20Baby%20Bird.asp

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

lol I would be afraid that thing would fall apart in the air.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

lol I would be afraid that thing would fall apart in the air.

Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm more afraid of the Airbus 380.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

lol 😛 hard to believe that thing flies Wacko also its pretty damn quick!! Blink

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

I'm more afraid of the Airbus 380.

🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

put that on a bar and i could Bench it

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

imagine the look on the atc's face as he gets his first visual of you on final at your local airfield. or picture the scene of you in a que waiting for takeoff with some other g/a. on halloween you could paint your face like charlie mcarthy, and have a buddy with a fake radio controller pretend that you are an r/c model. you'd really freak people when you stepped out of the plane.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

lol it looks like a poorly colored cardboard box with a rubberband propeller lol 🙂)

Last edited by acepilot32 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
xXx-DeathKid-xXx Trainee

Wow, its like a plane version of a SMART car 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I don't even think you would need a runway... just land in a parking lot and take up a compact car spot.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...