full screen or window

Pro Member Trainee
kiosk Trainee

which is better for performance, FSX full screen mode or window mode?

I Find window mode easier to work with

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use Window also. I never did with FS9.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I use full screen just for the more realist visual. You dont have Title bars in real cockpits.

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

For me, it depends what type of flying I'm doing. If it's just a quick blast, I'll go full screen. If it's a properly planned flight, I'll go windowed so I have easy access to FlightSim Commander etc during the flight.

Mark

Pro Member First Officer

Not sure what you mean by properly planned flight. I down load all the NAV charts and airport diagrams, en route data etc before I ever file IFR on the FSX. What does this Flight Commander program do for you that you do in the real world without it? Is it an add-on to make ATC more realistic?

If you need a chart go here...
http://chartfinder.vatsim.net/

Pro Member Trainee
FlightSimX Trainee

Hi,

I meant "properly planned" as opposed to just jumping in the cockpit and flying around nowhere in particular just for the fun of it 🙂

Flight Sim Commander is a flight planning tool combined with a moving map and gps. It's similar in functionality to FSNavigator, but runs standalone, i.e. not inside the sim itself. I'm in the process of writing a review of it, but my first impressions are favourable.

Cheers,

Mark

Pro Member First Officer

OK- Thanks. I download the charts I need, figure route and fuel consumption, weight and balance, time en route etc. myself, then file and fly. I rarely use the GPS function in FSX because not all airlines have them installed, so to me, it is more realistic flying experience. If it aint in the real cockpit, I dont want it in the Sim cockpit. CHeers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...