bouncing on ground

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I'm going to check it with my default planes to see if it is maybe a download issue. Anyway, I was taxi-ing a 777 down to the runway at Logan Int'l when I noticed sometimes it would just start bouncing and smoke would come from the wheels as though it had just landed. I'm used to potholes when driving, but I am assuming airport are immune to such things 😀

Any ideas?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

rowcoach wrote:

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I'm going to check it with my default planes to see if it is maybe a download issue. Anyway, I was taxi-ing a 777 down to the runway at Logan Int'l when I noticed sometimes it would just start bouncing and smoke would come from the wheels as though it had just landed. I'm used to potholes when driving, but I am assuming airport are immune to such things 😀

Any ideas?

Parking brake?

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

I thought that may have been the problem too, but I checked and it was off. I even tried to push 'B' to re-calibrate the altimeter, but no luck.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

lol I have that problem to and its only with some of my add ons. I just think its a glitch and dont think much of it.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Happens with my Wilco 777, but only since SP1 for FSX was installed.

mdaskalos

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Was the weather clear? Sometimes during high precipitation the runway is wet but looks as if dry. Check it out by setting the weather manually.

Cheers.

Pro Member Trainee
kiosk Trainee

happens to me too more often than I care, and sometimes even causes an aircraft crash...seems only happens after I installed SP1 too, never happen before

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

It happens to me all the time. It seems to be associated with some down loaded aircraft. Not all, but some. I too find it irritating. Also ground vehicles will do this too and usually end up with their wheels half buried in the ground.
Regards...Art

Pro Member First Officer
rowcoach First Officer

yeah, I figured it had something to do with downloaded airplanes. I don't remember if it was happening before SP1 or not. It was kind of funny at first, now it is a little annoying. Haven't seen the ground vehicles end affected yet, but I'll keep an eye out for them 🙂

thanks everyone 😀

pcpilot45 Guest

I had the same problem with all my Thomas Ruth Aircraft, if you reduce the mesh settings it stops them bouncing I tried this and it works.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...