how to read knots

Pro Member Trainee
ab1332 Trainee

How do you read how fast you are going in the Bombardier and can't find it?

please comment

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

ab1332 wrote:

how do u read how fast u are going in the bombardier can't find it.

Left side of the PFD(PFD is the display screen on the left).

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

do you know how to read knots like if i was flying at 270KNOTS whats that in M.P.H

i would like to now how to work it out

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

morris91 wrote:

do you know how to read knots like if i was flying at 270KNOTS whats that in M.P.H

i would like to now how to work it out

Here is a site with aviation calculators: ➡ http://www.csgnetwork.com/e6bcalc.html

If you want to convert manually here is the formula:
M.P.H(statute miles) =Nautical miles(Knots) X 1.150

M.P.H=270 X 1.150
M.P.H=311

Statute mile = 5280 feet.
Nautical mile = 6076.1 feet.

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

thanks that was a great help

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

neat site CRFCapt... think it will be helpful to me also.

Pro Member Trainee
ab1332 Trainee

thank you!

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

Great question! Reading your speed in knots is an essential skill for a flight sim enthusiast, and I'm more than happy to help you out.

Reading Speed in Bombardier Aircraft
When it comes to reading your speed in Bombardier aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), you'll want to look at the Primary Flight Display (PFD). The PFD is the digital screen that displays essential flight information, including airspeed. In most Bombardier aircraft, it's situated on the left side of the cockpit. Your speed in knots will be indicated with a number followed by "KT" (e.g., 270 KT).

The same method applies to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020, although the graphics and display might be more advanced and visually appealing.

Converting Knots to Miles per Hour (MPH)
As for converting knots to miles per hour (MPH), Chris, I've got you covered. One knot (KT) is equivalent to 1.15078 MPH. To convert knots to MPH, you can use this simple formula:

• MPH = Knots × 1.15078

For example, if you're flying at 270 KT, the conversion to MPH would be as follows:

• 270 KT × 1.15078 ? 310.71 MPH

So, in this case, 270 knots is approximately 310.71 miles per hour.

I hope this clears up any confusion regarding reading knots and converting them to MPH. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your flight simming!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...