Madagascar Mission

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Hello, how do you get your plane off the ground in this mission?
Paul

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

what do you mean how do you get your plane off the ground the just throttle up unless you dont have a throttle just use F4 or F3 and click (.) to realse you brakes!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I am guessing you know how to fly, taxi, flaps etc....

Remember - you are OVER WEIGHT on this Mission. Aim your aircraft at the longest stretch of beach. HOLD your brakes and throttle up to get max RPM. Then release your brakes. Get the tail up as soon as you can to help build speed. When you hit rotate speed, slowly...and I mean SLOWLY, pull back on the stick to get the wheels up. Retract the gear and continue a very slow climb, like 100 ft/min. If you pull back too quick you will stall and crash.

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Thanks Jellrod, I know the plane is heavy and when I actually lift off the plane comes down again. Should I raise the wheels as soon as I lift off? There's not a lot of time before the plane comes down again. Paul

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Yes, and add power and lift the nose up.

Pro Member First Officer

Yes, get the gear up as soon as you have lift. But be careful not to try and climb as it will stall and you will settle back down and crash.

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Hey folks, thanks for the help. I found the easiest way. Jellrod was right about holding the brake and applying full thrust. As I started to pick up speed I held the nose down (joystick forward) right to the tree line. At the last minute I slowly, slowly raised the nose. This gave me an extra 10 to 15 nm to get lift. Thanks again. Paul

Pro Member First Officer

Welcome to the worlds of Tree-top fliers......

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...