Tomcat landing light...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Maybe it is just me. I have Dino cataneo's F-14B tomcat, and for the life of me I cannot get the nosegear light to come on. I did the obvious Control L... nothing... it's as if it is not there... the switches in the cockpit do not work either for it... there are NO landing lights at all so far as I can tell...

Anyone know why, or can point me in the direction of a fix?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain

Well that did help a LITTLE... but still not the solution I am looking for... out of the three packages I downloaded yesterday I ended up going back to my original FX group. (I still have a few more to check out though after work today, so Radar your link is still in use, thanks btw!)

Ok so plan b... check my other planes and find the ones with the taxi and landing lights I want, and find a way to script it into my tomcat.

Here's where I need some ubergeekage here...

I have an F-16 (forget which one... but I was helping Acepilot with it once and ended up downloading the same one)

It has the perfect nosegear light. What I need to do now is find out what files and lines of code are needed in the Tomcat files to make that same nosegear light appear on the F-14.

Any experts in flight simulator coding around?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know what you mean, there are a few, wait and they'll come along.

Welshflyer may be able to do it, I never tried.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Sorry bel, whilst i can mess about a bit with certain things this one's beyond me. I have tried with certain things in the past but could never get it to switch from one model to another!
Nice of RadarMan to think i may be able to though! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well here is what I done so far...

I figured i would test my skills by moving the catapult switches.

done it. I was able to copy the catapult switches (arm and act) to right under the glareshield and HUD. So now I can launch without having to switch views to the lower cockpit panel.

Now what i plan on doing is dissecting the files in my falcon to isolate where the bitmap and light itself go, then I can attempt to line it up on the tomcat. Wish me luck...

as god is my witness I will NEVER launch from a pitch black carrier again!!!

unless we are at war and it's an order that is.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Did'nt know you were a carrier man like me bel, you might want to have a look through this https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25872/carrier-pack/ there may be something of help there!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...