PMDG 747 livery installation problem [SOLVED]

Pro Member Trainee
Michael Pece (mikel_p) Trainee

Hi,

I got a PMDG 747 a while back and installed about 1/3 pf the liveries, i went back to install the otheres earlier and this is what happens...

Insert disk

Choose livery and click "install livery"

Next buttons, then installs

At end of install i get "could not open Aircraft.cfg
Then closes!

And ideas?

Im doing a video showing all liveries so i need them, ive also tried downloading them from the PMDG site, no luck

ANY help deeply appreciated!

Last edited by Michael Pece (mikel_p) on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

try reinstalling the pmdg 747

Pro Member Trainee

im scared that i wont be able to reinstall it!

But i'll try!

Wish me luck! 🙂

Pro Member Trainee

NOOOOOOOO!!

It says FS isnt installed!!
This is gonna kill me soon!

What do i do now!

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

You can try to contact pmdg you can restart your computer then retry the instilation if that doesn't work try reinstakking flight sim restartng then reinstalling the pmdg 747 althou you'll have to reset the settings in you sim

Pro Member Trainee

no way hosay!

I have that many addons it would take an army of super nerds to count them all, lol!

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

lol alright try restarting the comp then reinstalling the pmdg 747

Pro Member Trainee

ok,ill try

Pro Member Trainee

nope! Crying or Very sad

Dont work, ive emailed support

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

hmmm very strange i'll try to think of what it could be and If I thin of something i'll post it here but yes do e-mail support

Best of luck 🍻

Pro Member Trainee

I got a reply...

When MS released FSX, they made an error in their installation that causes the registry entries in FS9 to corrupt. Since, like most all products that are installed using industry standard installation tools- PMDG's products look to the registry for current information on your FS9 installation- this corruption creates a problem.

The solution to this problem is pinned prominently at the top of our customer support forum. I'll copy it below for your simplicity:

Captains-

As more of you are finding copies of FSX at your local software store- we're getting a few reports that in some instances FSX may delete some registry information related to FS9.

We've been working with FSX for some time and find this not to be a normal condition- but it seems that a few of you are running into this- so I thought we'd post a notam here to help you out.

The problem is essentially thus: All PMDG installer check for FS9.1 before installation. If the FS9.1 installation path is not present- then the installer will tell you it cannot run. The only way to fix this is to correct your registry.

Another user this morning pointed out that our friends over at Flight1 have a useful freeware tool that will fix this for you- so rather than re-invent the wheel or tell you how to do it manually- I'd recommend using their tool instead:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Run this tool- then you SHOULD be okay with your FS9.1 installs.... And pass your thanks for this tool along to Flight1.

Regards,

Paul Gollnick

Precision Manuals Development Group

Manager Customer and Technical Support

www.precisionmanuals.com

Lets pray it works!

Have to go school 😞
I'll try it L8R and report back 😎

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Lol I just got back from school anyways please do report back if it works or not thanks 😀

Pro Member Trainee

YES! YAY! WOO! HOO!

BUT 😀 🙂 😞 Crying or Very sad
My grafics need fixing to!

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

lol but at least the thing works cheers Crying or Very sad 😞 🙂 😀 Group Wave 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

good deal there Mikel... glad you got it running.

Pro Member Trainee

please call me mike or michael, i dont know why i used that stupid name, Mikel?!?! Lmfao

I dont like it

Pro Member Chief Captain

well then give us a name TO call you.... other than dude.

Pro Member Trainee

mikel_p wrote:

please call me mike or michael

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ahh good deal. Nice to meet you mike.

Pro Member Trainee

so what shud i call u? 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

Dude...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Belgeode 😉

Pro Member Trainee

lol

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...