FSX Acceleration multiplayer

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Is it just me or is the multiplayer in FSX Acceleration limited? I only see a couple of sessions at once. Is this a bug or part of the design? Either way, I have found a workaround to see all the sessions in the lobby.

Steps

1. Find a person that is on your friends list that is online.

2. Have them join a session (any session will do)

3. Right click on your online friend and select "Join Friends Game"

4. Wait a little, then cancel the search.

5. You can now see the normal FSX Multiplayer Lobby

Hope this helps

-Orion

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
doubleb Trainee

nice one.

i can hear a patch coming 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

ollyau wrote:

Is it just me or is the multiplayer in FSX Acceleration limited? I only see a couple of sessions at once. Is this a bug or part of the design? Either way, I have found a workaround to see all the sessions in the lobby.

Steps

Hope this helps

-Orion

I am pretty sure I mentioned in my blog that non-Accel users will need SP2 to run multiplayer with Accel users for regular MP flights.

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

Phil Taylor I'm thinking about upgrading my video card but i dont know Wat to get and i want to max out my fsx witch video card do i need

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Bran09 wrote:

Phil Taylor I'm thinking about upgrading my video card but i dont know Wat to get and i want to max out my fsx witch video card do i need

I feel offended......as if no one else knows about what Video Card you need...... 🙄

Now speaking for the Nvidia camp you can go cheap by getting the 7500 up to the 7900 series card, these cards seems to work well when the settings are set between mid to high settings. If you can spend some money, then you can get the Nvidia 8800 series cards. You can max the the settings on FSX out for great graphics.

However I hope you have a pretty powerful processor high fps speeds. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

thanks i just bought a 8800gts 640mb but i hope it fits i got it online for a cheap price $256 i hope that will do it

Pro Member Trainee
panos95 Trainee

ollyau wrote:

Steps

Hope this helps

-Orion

What if none of my friends is online? What should I do in this case?

Pro Member First Officer

Make some new friends, be a nice person, but Phil Taylor did mention you have to have SP2 or Acceleration to use the same multiplayer lobby/sessions.

Pro Member Trainee
Shemy Trainee

I am having a mjor problem. However before I start. My names Jamie, I'm an older teenager and I would call myself a fairly good FS flyer.

I downloaded FSX:Acceleration and I wanted to go on multiplayer but there is no 'multiplayer' button to click. Its just a blank space.

Anyone help me on this?

I have registered with the product key but after a while it asks for it again. You think this is my problem to multiplayer aswell??

Thankyou,

Jamie.[/img]

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

try re-registering.

Pro Member Trainee
Shemy Trainee

I already have done. All it asks me for is the product key. Is that right?

Pro Member First Officer

Stop hijacking my thread! Well, it's o.k.

Where did you get Acceleration from? It should ask for product activation, it is designed to. When you don't activate the multiplayer tab dissapears. Just enter your product key and you should be fine. If you don't have a product key ask your retailer why did you not get a product key.

Hope this helps

-Orion

Pro Member Trainee
Shemy Trainee

Thanks. It does ask me for the product key to register BUT when it's done it says it's ctivated but it's still not there then 20 minutes later it will say I have only got the trial version and I need to register fully! But I did it before! I don't know whats wrong.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...