Airplane Missing after FSX Acceleration

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

After removing FSX SP2 and installing FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack, I cannot launch FSX without the dialogue: "Visual model could not be displayed, Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint". Then, sometimes when I click "Close", FSX continues to load but shuts down whenever I select a Mission with this aircraft.

I've reinstalled the last mission I used successfully before installing FSX Acceleration: Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A380 First Flight FS9, and also unlocked all files within that folder - to no avail. Other Missions I've installed (and compled) with FSX SP2 also cause FSX Acceleration to shut down if they are selected.

Finally I added a customized 172 SP aircraft (n7690x), but that didn't help.

Can anyone tell me how to recover this aircraft which is used in numerous Missions I like?

Thanks,
Martin

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

You may have some corrupted files. Someone should upload the files.

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Which files? Reinstall Acceleration? Or is there some way I can just reinstall this aircraft?

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Repair your disk 1, then 2, then Acceleration.

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Another CORRECTION. As none of the previous aircraft used with FSX SP2 work, it's not simply a matter of downloading aircraft.

All disk checks (and I have many) show nothing wrong, and there's no other problem. I guess I'll try reinstalling Acceleration again.

BUT - is it true that installing Acceleration SHOULD preserve Missions and their parts previously used in FSX SP2?

Thanks!

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Let me take a wild guess.....is "preview DX10" checked? If not try this:

Drive>Microsoft Games> Microsoft Flight Simulator X> Simobjects >Airplanes.

Highlight all your files and place them on your desktop, then colse out everything and reinstall them back into the Airplanes folder. Lets see if that works.

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Thank you, GundamWZero. I'll try that now.

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

I don't know how to view "preview DX10" to see what's checked. If this is internal to FSX, I can't launch it.

Anyhow, I did what the last sentence in your message advised, restarted, and then replaced the moved folders back into Airplanes. I restarted again and tried to launch FSX Acceleration - SAME RESULTS.

Previously, I restored the computer to when FSX SP2 was working, uninstalled it again, and tried once more to install FSX Acceleration. Same Results.

I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Martin

Pro Member Captain

mpf858 wrote:

I don't know how to view "preview DX10" to see what's checked. If this is internal to FSX, I can't launch it.

Anyhow, I did what the last sentence in your message advised, restarted, and then replaced the moved folders back into Airplanes. I restarted again and tried to launch FSX Acceleration - SAME RESULTS.

Previously, I restored the computer to when FSX SP2 was working, uninstalled it again, and tried once more to install FSX Acceleration. Same Results.

I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Martin

Preview DX 10 check box is in as follows:

Start up FSX...then SETTINGS>CUSTOMIZE. You should be in the GRAPHICS tab. "Preview DirectX 10" will be in the Global Options box.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

remember the DX-10 check box only exists on vista operating systems.

I once installed vista upgrade of Xp on a computer that I'd been playing FSX sp2 on and didn't get the DX-10 box. Got SOO snarled but I formated the drive in fustration!.

Pro Member Trainee
mpf858 Trainee

Thank you. I'm using XP.

I uninstalled FSX Accel and reinstalled FSX + SP1 + SP2 and all is well again. Someday I might again dare to uninstall FSX SP2 and reinstall FSX Accel, but now I'm very gunshy.

Martin

Pro Member Captain

Oh well guess that solves that problem... Next thing I can think of is uninstalling FSX and its serivce packs, reinstall FSX and the service packs... firing it up each time to see what happens. Once everything is good to go, then put in your add on aircrafts.

Remember to save your Airplanes folders...... and I hope you still have the zip files of your add-on aircrafts.

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

Gundam,

I know this is an old topic, but I couldn't find any help elsewhere: In the course of loading a new FSX mission from an OPT mission writer, I somehow dumped my Acceleration Pack A320 into the ozone. It happened when this mission writer tried to have us use an addon acft.

I'm trying to un-screw this problem and wonder if just loading up somebody's AP SimObjects/Airplanes/A320 folder would do the trick, or is it more complicated than that?

Thx, Greystone

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...