FS9 continues to crash!

Pro Member Trainee
joscarcal Trainee

Hi everyone,

Can someone please help me??
FS9 is turning me mad, it keeps on crashing in the middle of every flight and it returns my computer to the desktop. Because of this issue I cannot do a single flight completely.
I read about other people with the same issue, so I went to my computer dealer and had my computer all cleaned up and instructed to these people, however the same issue continues.
I have one of the latest Invidia Graphics Card, I tried to reduce Quality and increase Performance but to no avail, the FS continues to crash.
I only have ActiveSky installed and Fsscreen to capture screenshots, I even tried to close these programs but the problem continues.
Recently I have downloaded quite a number of airport sceneries, could this be the culprit??
Now I am confused and don't know what to do.
My computer has a 3Gigabyte memory.
Please can you give me some advice because now I am thinking of not using FS9 anymore.

Thank you.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

If you can face it, try completely uninstalling fs9 and all the addons, then cleaning the registry, then reinstalling. Perhaps try installing the addons 1 by 1 and doing a flight after each one to find if any of them are making the game crash.
Good luck.

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

This has been raised before and I recently replied but for some reason I cannot find the thread to follow it up. My reply is also missing from my "reply history" so I guess the thread has been officially removed for whatever reason.

OK, FS9! I had the same problem - a crash to desktop with no warning or error message. Incidentally, I've had the same proble with another piece of software completely unrelated to FS9.

It happened several times and it prompted me to unistall then reinstall FS9. This I have to say DID NOT cure the problem.

In my case I found that it occured over a particular area of geography (near Nice) and happened whilst at altitude on each occasion. I have avoided the area and it didn't recur.

I put it down, rightly or wrongly, to a damaged scenery file as it ahs not happened since.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

This has happened to me before too. I solved it BY MY SELF !

Solution: Try to lower your FPS to 20-25 -30 in the settings of the game. It doesnt really matter if you ue AA or AS so its fine. Set your video card on High performence and not high quality to let you game have more FPS.

Another thing is, if you fly with 100% traffic, lower it to 85% or 80%.

Graphics settings could be on high so dont worry, This should work.

It works for me so I hope it will helps for you too. My FPS currently is 25 pretty low, but I tried 70 and for me doesnt make a difference honeslty.
So try that if not come here and tell us whats happening if not working, we will find solution. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
joscarcal Trainee

I thank you all my friends for your advices, I will do as you say and will let you know whether the problem has been solved or not.

Thanks again folks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It sounds like overheating (clean all the dust out of the case, especially the heatsink).
It could also be a poor low power supply but my bet is on overheating.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Yeah i had that problem too... i installed winxppro and knock on wood. no crashes. I was using win2000pro.

Also I clean my computer regularly to avoid overheating issues. That too helps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...