Always crash on Telluride landing

alastairg100 Guest

I have had FSX for about 2-3 months now, and FS9 before that for about a year. I have always been able to land as they arent really that difficult, however when ever I do the telluride mission on FSX Deluxe, I always crash. it is only a begginner diffuculty so is there a problem with FSX or not. I have tried it many times, originally thinking the landing gear wasnt down but it was fully, and locked. I always crash on the runway, and even with the landing gear down, it crashes asthough it isnt down, as it shows the plane fully touching the ground asthough there was no landing gear, even when it is a perfect landing with the plane perfectly level.

Any suggestions or if anyone else has the same problem?
Alastair

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
x pilot Guest

hi there i did that mission yesterday, the first time when touched down the plane crashed! the second time i tried the mission, all was good, came in at 140 knots on the glidescope and touched down just after the threshold and the right hand side main gear collapsed, the 747 slid to the end of the runway and then in said mission sucessful so... i dont know wired

Pro Member Trainee
dkim17 Trainee

I do this one fine... Check your vertical speed when you land. It should be pretty much 0 when you land.

I have never had a problem landing in that mission.

Also, the mission is flown with a learjet, not a 747.

Landing on this runway is the same as landing on any other runway as far as touching down is concerned.

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

This is weird. Yes the mission is with the Learjet 45 and not a 747. I did the mission no problem, except the first time where my joystick decided to uncalibrate and my throttle got stuck at 61%, by the time I noticed it was too late and I ran off the runway by the time the engines were shut down. Anyways, when I got it without encountering problems, landed pretty much on the spot and no probs. What I'm thinking is it's either a bug with that your pc creates or that your vertical speed is too high. Make sure you have the right glideslope and airspeed before you touch down.

run away Guest

Maybe this mission is set to give random problems

run away Guest

Maybe this mission is set to give random problems

Tintinuy Guest

How to level the right glide slope with the aero 3 parts completely match?
and where is the course indicator on that jet?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...