HELP PLEASE (Fsx.cfg)

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Hi

Im trying to find the FSX.cfg file to edit it (Want to add some senery to the game) , but iv searched in the Flight sim folder and i cant find it , is it located in another place?

Matt.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
SkOrPn--7 Trainee

C\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

If you're a Vista user, it's in a different location..................
Do a search for fsx.cfg and it will show you OR, I will be happy to list the tree for you to find it..................suggestion only..............IF you're going to alter the config, copy it to desktop..............rename your fsx.cfg in the FSX folder to fsx.cfgold..................that way you can go back if necessary.

cthiggin

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

You can search for it with the search function in xp/vista. Make sure you checkbox the thing that says search for invisible files and system files.

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

cthiggin wrote:

If you're a Vista user, it's in a different location..................
Do a search for fsx.cfg and it will show you OR, I will be happy to list the tree for you to find it..................suggestion only..............IF you're going to alter the config, copy it to desktop..............rename your fsx.cfg in the FSX folder to fsx.cfgold..................that way you can go back if necessary.

cthiggin

Please. I can't find it either.Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Vista fsx.cfg location:

C:\
Users\HP_Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Note: HP_Administrator is MINE - yours may be Dell_Administrator or JohnsMachine_Administrator or whatever..................BUT this is the tree......to get to the FSX.cfg file............

Hope it helps/
cthiggin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...