Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

problem with transfer

Pro Member Trainee
volgun Trainee

I am new to flightsimulator and have downloaded a plane but i do not know how to transfer it to the flight simulator itself so i can fly it,i have tried everything and nothing is working i really need a simple guide on how to transfer it.also i have a xp laptop. ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

volgun wrote:

I am new to flightsimulator and have downloaded a plane but i do not know how to transfer it to the flight simulator itself so i can fly it,i have tried everything and nothing is working i really need a simple guide on how to transfer it.also i have a xp laptop. ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Welcome to the forums volgun.

I'm assuming that the "plane" in question is really a complete aircraft, not just a repaint or an AI-aircraft.

Since you have XP, just right-click on the xxxxxx.zip folder and select 'Extract All..' from the drop-down menu. Now just follow the prompts.

You have now unzipped the .zip-folder and extracted its contents.

Look for any included documentation such as a Readme file and read everything.

Somewhere there should be an ordinary yellow folder containing 4 subfolders (model, panel, sound texture) and an Airfile and the aircraft.cfg file.

Just copy and paste the folder containing those six items into the following location:

Local Disk / Program Files / Microsoft Games / Flight Simulator 9 / Aircraft

Depending on the aircraft, the .zip file might contain other folders such as Gauges or Effects and possibly others. The Readme file should tell you how to install those.

I hope this will work for you 😀

Pro Member Trainee
volgun Trainee

IT WORKED!
all the thanks 😀 😀 😀 😀