problem with transfer

Pro Member Trainee
volgun Trainee

I am new to flightsimulator and have downloaded a plane but i do not know how to transfer it to the flight simulator itself so i can fly it,i have tried everything and nothing is working i really need a simple guide on how to transfer it.also i have a xp laptop. ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

volgun wrote:

I am new to flightsimulator and have downloaded a plane but i do not know how to transfer it to the flight simulator itself so i can fly it,i have tried everything and nothing is working i really need a simple guide on how to transfer it.also i have a xp laptop. ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Welcome to the forums volgun.

I'm assuming that the "plane" in question is really a complete aircraft, not just a repaint or an AI-aircraft.

Since you have XP, just right-click on the xxxxxx.zip folder and select 'Extract All..' from the drop-down menu. Now just follow the prompts.

You have now unzipped the .zip-folder and extracted its contents.

Look for any included documentation such as a Readme file and read everything.

Somewhere there should be an ordinary yellow folder containing 4 subfolders (model, panel, sound texture) and an Airfile and the aircraft.cfg file.

Just copy and paste the folder containing those six items into the following location:

Local Disk / Program Files / Microsoft Games / Flight Simulator 9 / Aircraft

Depending on the aircraft, the .zip file might contain other folders such as Gauges or Effects and possibly others. The Readme file should tell you how to install those.

I hope this will work for you 😀

Pro Member Trainee
volgun Trainee

IT WORKED!
all the thanks 😀 😀 😀 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...